Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

4G93 engine runs with small pain in the ass

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 05:16 AM
Default 4G93 engine runs with small pain in the ***

Hi guys, my sons just bought his first car and it starts and runs.
Cleaned up pretty good..lol
When it is started (cold start) it does the usual rev higher as it’s cold but when it’s under 3k rpm I am able to take off number 3 and number 4 injector leads/plugs and there is no change but if I manage to bring the revs up to say 3k ish the engine runs smooth and if I take off number 3 and 4 injector plugs there is a change.
I’ve check the two lead that come off the two coils for spark and they both have spark as it should
if I remove the air flow meter plug there is a change and most times when I remove the plug it stalls. (Think that’s normal on these)
since owning it I have replaced (with new ones) the spark plugs, all 4 injectors, fuel filter.
I’ve had to get a new key/barrel, immobiliser unit/box that is between the steering column and the radio and the two boxes (one up near the front passenger wheel arch and the other is right in the middle under the radio area) as the previous owner lost the key for it.
i have also blew compressed air through the return line and have flushed the fuel tank.
I have cleaned the crank sensor and the air flow meter.

any ideas what it could be?

My sons losing interest in it (don’t blame him) as most times I can get anything sorted but never had one of these and he is keen to learn but we have hit a dead end at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ll try upload videos/photos.