Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balance shaft ¨fell¨ into the engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Question Balance shaft ¨fell¨ into the engine

Hi there ! Okay so I wanted to replace all the pulley seals on my buddys 2.4 Lancer rallyart 06 , replaced all the seals just fine but encountered a problem with the balance shaft seal, first it is not listed in any of the major companys catalogue ( federal-mogul , timken , beck arnley , national etc) so I had to go by size and order it from a industrial seal retailer. So that's settled. Then came the problem with removing it , the bolt is on quite tight and obviously the pulley spins and because of the configuation of the block regular pulley holders wont do and you cannot fit a strap wrench. So I made my own special tool to remove it ( I can share pictures if anybodys interested ) Just when I was sure it was the end of my problems , I remove the pulley bolt and the balance shaft , ¨fell¨ into the engine.

So first question , does the second shaft ( left one when looking at the engine from the T-belt point of view ) has a block plug like the right shaft does ?
Even if I ¨fish¨ the shaft I just cannot hold it in place while reinstalling the pulley and the bolt.

If anybody has any suggetions that be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot !