Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Everything else (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/everything-else-37/)
-   -   Brakes Pulse when Applied ??? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/everything-else-37/brakes-pulse-when-applied-2889/)

trader eds 12-26-2004 06:09 PM

Brakes Pulse when Applied ???

95 Montaro, when applying brakes they work well to stop but you can feel a pulse on the pedal?
Its almost like the pistons on the rotors are pushig back. Its a real light feel....do the rotors need turning???
thanks for any help or insight...........Ed

midnght 12-27-2004 05:43 PM

RE: Brakes Pulse when Applied ???

Yes. That is a symptom of warped rotors. Might aswell pick up a set of new pads and get it done with.

1398spdr 12-27-2004 07:13 PM

yea, i had the same problem on my eclipse, i recommend cross drilled rotors, i got them almost a year ago and my brakes work much better than they ever did with the solid disk rotors...... much better braking power cause you dont have gasses between the pad and the rotor buffering the two from eachother...........

trader eds 12-27-2004 08:32 PM

Thanks for the confirm...I thought thats what it was gonna need. Just bought this one and I knew I would have a couple of adjustments to make.
thanks, Ed

midnght 12-28-2004 01:38 AM

I do not recommend drilled or slotted.

Most ALL shops will not turn them. They are basically one time use rotors. If you find someone that will turn them go for it, otherwise stick to the flat-faced. The performance difference is NILL.

midnght 12-28-2004 01:40 AM

Especially in a Montero of that caliber. Not saying it is junk, just that I don't see you hitting the 1/4 track anytime soon.;)

trader eds 01-01-2005 08:38 PM

hey Chad....no, I dont think the Montero is gonna be a racer...bought it for a little family comfort...sold my 2003 Mini S. I had the mini on Lowes Motor Speedway last year....awesome car!
Me and the Montero are just gonna cruise for a while. The backup for the Montero is a 54 Ford pick-up.

vertstanggt 01-05-2005 09:03 PM

Nice, 54 ford, you got any pics? As for the montero you may as well just stick with solid rotors, not really worth it for an SUV that's just a daily driver.

midnght 01-09-2005 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: trader eds

hey Chad....no, I dont think the Montero is gonna be a racer...bought it for a little family comfort...sold my 2003 Mini S. I had the mini on Lowes Motor Speedway last year....awesome car!
Me and the Montero are just gonna cruise for a while. The backup for the Montero is a 54 Ford pick-up.

Awesome!

Mini's are fun as can be and a 54 ford is MONEY!!!!

I had a 2001 Montero SPort and was giving my response to that situation is all. Solid rotors are the recommendation. Aftermarket is just fine and to swap them out is simple.

If you need anymore help then let us know!;)

1398spdr 01-12-2005 09:27 PM

sorry, wasnt paying attention to the model, i like them better just because it really has improved my brakes quite a bit, and with traffic where i live i have noticed it considerably