Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Break Shoes - 2003 Lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Default Break Shoes - 2003 Lancer ES

Hi Everybody,

Considering the expertise the people have in this forum,this question might sound stupid .....

I have a 2003 Lancer ES and a newbie for "Car break System".Recently my rear breaks worn out and ordered a pair from autozone for 30$( Paid 250$ to the dealer when i changed my front breaks!@#@$@).While waiting for the break shoes to come, I am trying to find information about how to get the shoes replaced.I have never changed break shoes before and my car doesn't have a user manual either.

So is there anything specifically I have to look for when i change the break shoes and what are tools i must have to do this thing??

I really appreciate your reply and thanks in advance.

Thanks
Shen

Old 07-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Default RE: Break Shoes - 2003 Lancer ES

welcome aboard. you have a 2003 es and you are already replacing the rear pads? how many miles do you have on it? drum break pads especially rear ones shouldn't need to be replaced nearly as frequently as the disc pads. anyway the install is pretty straightforward but it sounds like you need to have them adjusted also. take it to a local shop and get it done. shouldn't be more than 1 to 2 hrs labor tops. you should be able to get it done for $50-70.