Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Everything else (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/everything-else-37/)
-   -   Cruise Control NOT WORKING? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/everything-else-37/cruise-control-not-working-8649/)

Gsteclipse22 02-25-2006 08:41 PM

Cruise Control NOT WORKING?

I was kinda surprised to find out that my cruise control doesn't work at all. I've tried to make it work several times to no avail. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me. Thankx.

19eclipse91 02-26-2006 12:29 AM

RE: Cruise Control NOT WORKING?

i have the same problem with my 91 eclipse, what year is yours?

NESpeed 02-26-2006 11:20 AM

Check the vacuum lines that run to the cruise control units, a lot of the time the lines become cracked and broken or just has fallen off.

Gsteclipse22 02-26-2006 06:10 PM

I have a 99 eclipse. Thanks I'll try lookin at the vaccum lines.

newEclipse 03-06-2006 03:31 AM

Another thing is simply check the fuse.

Tryin 11-21-2022 07:53 PM

Where is the cc fuse on a 2011 galant fe? And also, where would I find the vacuum hose to it?

PalmSprings 11-22-2022 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gsteclipse22 (Post 47668)
I was kinda surprised to find out that my cruise control doesn't work at all. I've tried to make it work several times to no avail. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me. Thankx.

Sorry cant help you with any of that, but possibly I can give my personal experience that cooled my jets on CC. (Do they say that anymore?)

Cruise controls:
Neither of mine work on the MSports. The one I bought new in 01, lasted 50K approx. I never fixed it,cause it wasnt that important to me.
BTW ,the other MS I havent tried because I never even thought about it. Now Ill have to go see if it does work .

Any way back to why I dont like CC :Traffic and conditions change here in california so often,I got sick and tired of adjusting & resetting it everytime traffic varied in speed,or someone passed me then slowed down. nThen the roads and fwy have so many ups and downs of the roads the milege ws less than on my own. The level road is few and far beween. My mileage was better and easier to leave it off.
I bought my first new Pickup a 1977GMC Sierra classic 4x4 with cruise electric windows,doorlocks.( a first for Pickups) and the cruise quit working. However , I was suprised the windows worked fine to 100k when I sold it. Did things improve w/ cruise in 2001,...not for me!
First it was cruise control ,now we have "auto pilot cruise missle control" in the tesla. Both can get you in an accident quicker than when not using it. Dont use either on Hwy 17 San Jose to Santa Cruz. There are quite a few higher speed rear enders into a 15 mph concrete truck while going into a blind, mountain curve