Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Fuel Pressure Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Default RE: Fuel Pressure Solenoid

ORIGINAL: talonawd1995

All right I found the solenoid and its been plugged in the entire time. But there were two vaccum lines running into the fuel pressuresolenoid from the EGR valve on the intake manifold under the throttle body. I took the EGR lines off of the fuel pressuresolenoid but the problem is still there. I also hooked the stock fuel pressure regulator with no change.
What?!!
Do you have emmisions testing in your state? Regardless, I'll help you get those vacuum lines back to stock. I have a site from the archives from Taboo speedshop from back in the day. The pics are hard to see, but if you save it on your computer and open it with Window's fax and picture viewer and you can zoom in and out with it.
http://web.archive.org/web/200406292...emissions1.htm
Follow the vacuum lines and reconnect every back to stock...or if you have a block off plate for the EGR valve, you can just remove it all and cap the lines.
You don't have to hook the FPR to any vacuum lines, you've got an aftermarket AFPR, the stock FPR does, again, need to be electrically connected/plugged. Follow the diagram from that link and reconnect what you need to.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Default RE: Fuel Pressure Solenoid

WAIT!!
Make sure you're looking at the fuel pressure regulator first. There are three solenoids on the firewall. 2 of the are for the EGR system. Look at the Virtual tour in that last link I posted. You can see what and where these solenoids go.