Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

99 Diamante, Bad ECM?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 11:19 PM
Default 99 Diamante, Bad ECM?

Hello, I am new to this forum and this car. I have always had GM's and I do not know what is "normal" for this car.

I have a 1999 Diamante and when you turn the key the normal lights show up (CEL, SRS, Oil, Battery, and Door even when the door is closed). Once I start the car all these light stay on except the SRS light and after two minutes or so they turn off. Also the Shift indicator does not response when the car is shifted into Reverse or Drive until about 30 seconds later and the Door open light will turn on an off randomly but this is more rare.

From my previous experience with cars this Would be a computer problem but I have never owned a Mitsubishi before. And no, this was not happening when I bought the car 6 months ago. I Do not know if it matters but the ABS light is on but I do know the front left ABS sensor is Bad, just been waiting to fix then when I do the brakes.

Any advice?

Thanks.