Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help Car wont crank!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Default Please Help Car wont crank!

I had a problem about a year ago with my car driving down the interstate and just dying. After searching and searching, I finally put it on a computer and found it was the crankshaft sensor. Pulled the timing belt cover and discovered the balance shaft belt had went. BTW before pulling anything off, it would turn over but seemed like it wasn't getting fuel or fire, found out that if there was an electrical problem like that, it wouldn't get fuel and cuts fire to the spark plugs, but it WOULD turn over and try to start. So I replace both timing belts and put it back together hoping i wouldn't have to pull the sensor. Tried it and it still wouldn't start but would turn over. I finally said screw it and ordered the stupid part and when it came in, pulled the old one off, come to find out it was broken. Replaced it put the battery back on and now it wont even crank. It sounds like the battery is low, but i have tried 3 different batteries, one of which I broke down and again said screw it (nice version) and bought a brand new battery. It wont turn over at all! WTF any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Please Help Car wont crank!

Dont double post