Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Exterior (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/exterior-22/)
-   -   cf hatch (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/exterior-22/cf-hatch-13190/)

bud660r 09-03-2006 08:30 PM

cf hatch

just woundering if any one is running a cf hatch, and if the like them. i am going with a lot of cf on my 95 gs"hood, hatch with plexy glass window. so i want to know if you feal a difference in handeling with alot of cf.

oh_what_up 09-03-2006 08:40 PM

RE: cf hatch

I'm definately a lover of CF but I would never get a CF hatch. It makes it hella easy for someone to break into your ride. 4 of my buddies had their rides broken into because someone came by, kicked they trunk in, opened it and robbed them blind. They look great and free up a lot of weight, but its not worth the risk in my opinion

Sebba 09-03-2006 08:56 PM

thats bull... CF is stronger than steel.

Also... its not plexy glass... its called Lexon

davidmitsusrock 09-03-2006 09:01 PM

carbon fiber hatches are bitchen:D

oh_what_up 09-04-2006 12:07 AM

In some applications carbon is stronger than metal, but when it comes to hoods and hatches, and even interior pieces, they are not thick enough or reenforced enough to be that strong. If you notice, when you buy a carbon hatch the buyer tells you not to use your stock shocks. This is because the force of you pushing down on the hatch and the force of the shocks pushing up on the hatch will definately crack, if not destroy the hatch. Trust me Sebba I've been working with carbon for awhile.

bud660r 09-04-2006 07:50 PM

ya it's something i am going to have to think about. i dont have eny thing to steal in my car"enless they want the car it's self"
my car is being turned in to a street machine, i only have a little bit of the front interior every thing else has been striped down, and dremeld out, she is lite but not lite enough. so i am turning to carbon fiber for that reason!

Sebba 09-04-2006 10:01 PM

Ok fair enough

oh_what_up 09-05-2006 02:22 PM

carbon fiber is definately a lot lighter. I'm not sure if you'll feel much of a difference to tell you the truth. I honestly don't know how a car feels with a full interior as opposed to how it feels without one. If you want the number of a guy that does custom carbon work let me know. Him and I will talk about what you want and come up with some solutions for you.

bud660r 09-09-2006 03:09 PM

ya! definetly i am tryin to get all of my carbon fiber parts orderd by the end of winter, so i have them when spring comes!

oh_what_up 09-10-2006 11:09 AM

go to www.c2rmotorsports.com, go to the contact us link, then either call the number or email him. His name is Anthony and he'll work with you on whatever you want. The car on the web site is his eclipse and he custom made every carbon fiber part for it. Its pretty bad ass. Good luck brother

bud660r 09-10-2006 03:55 PM

thanks i will check it out!