Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Exterior (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/exterior-22/)
-   -   Window tint (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/exterior-22/window-tint-1660/)

nate5023 07-08-2004 04:32 PM

Window tint

I was just wondering if 15% tint was very dark, because thats the state law from where I live, or if I should go 30%, and will a cop pull me over for having a to dark of tint?

wildwest 07-08-2004 04:38 PM

RE: Window tint

doesnt the law only pertain to the drivers and passengers side windows... at least that is what it is here in illinois... back windows can be as dark as you want... usless laws have changed... plus i dont know your states laws...

BurntGSX 07-08-2004 05:58 PM

nate.. the lower the %, the darker the tint.. in Iowa, the limit is 75%.. (GAY) my windows are at15% all theway around. and for all that I know, its just the front 3. you can only have 8" down from the top of the windshield tinted @0% and the driver and pass. have to be legal.. I'd check it out before. 15% is perfect for me, just dark enough to not see into from outside.

madmat 07-09-2004 09:25 AM

WV is 35% all the way around on a passenger vehicle (car or truck) and 35% up front on a SUV total black out the rest of the way around. laws vary from state to state and don't get too carried away cause some other states enforce their law even if you are not from there (VA for example)

wildwest 07-09-2004 09:45 AM

Yeah, the cops in illinois will sit there and watch you peel all of it off if you are caught with any tint on the front windows. sucks... Most of the time they will let out of staters go with a warning, but we do have a few prick state troopers and they would do it to anybody. Even people who have a medical reason to have it get harassed all the time.

madmat 07-09-2004 11:47 AM

yeah I think if you have a car registered in a particular state then those laws are the ones you should be relegated to. it's impossible to comply to the laws or even know the laws in every state you drive thru. most people don't know the regs in the state they live in.

wildwest 07-09-2004 11:52 AM

yeah... but illinois cops are pricks.... one of their "unmarked" cars is a 96 mustang gt. red with black rally stripes. tinted windows all around... came up on me once and started playin... but i noticed the small black box anove the visor... i knew it was a light... a min later a camaro comes up and plays with the stang... 85 and lights go on... thats 20 over... not too bright...

madmat 07-09-2004 12:17 PM

isn't that entrapment? like a cop tailgating you when you know they're back there and don't want to get busted[:@]

wildwest 07-09-2004 12:21 PM

only if you call them on it... and nobody knows that... even had normal plates... i hate cops... and my g/f is going to be a conservation officer... i give her crap all the time...

WickedxCurves 08-19-2004 06:07 AM

In Florida anything below 28% is Illegal. I had 17% on my previous car and got a $86 ticket for them. On the Eclipse I just got 5%... So Im expecting tickets soon. [>:]

I'll pay em though, cant deal with South Florida sun!

***BTW down here u only get a ticket if the drivers window & passenger window are over the limit or if your windshield is tinted all the way, the back windows can be as dark as u want.