Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Mitsubishi Chat (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/)
-   -   ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DISABLE 06 SEAT BELT CHIME? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/anyone-know-how-disable-06-seat-belt-chime-11982/)

KimberlyB 07-13-2006 04:55 PM

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DISABLE 06 SEAT BELT CHIME?

Now i know im going to get grief for this post so lets save it. I want to disable the seatblet warning chime in my 06 Lancer. its not that i dont where my seatbelt, its just that if im driving around a parking lot or through a drive through it drives me crazy. and once im stopped and idling it doesnt shut off for like 5 minutes... ACK!

I KNOW THERE IS A WAY!!! even the punks at Mitsu say there is a way, but for liability reasons they wont tell me...

any help would be appreciated.

and again, please hold back your "wear your seatbelt comments" as its not going to answer my question...

Thanks so much....

dirtwagon 07-13-2006 06:34 PM

RE: ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DISABLE 06 SEAT BELT CHIME?

This is very simple on my car and should be the same for yours. Look under your driver's side seat and on the inboard seat slide you will see a small bundle of wires with quick disconnects or whatever you wish to call them (white in my car). Unplug them and it deactivates the sensor.

magnet 07-13-2006 06:34 PM

I have done that on MANY vehicles throughout my life. I just find the lil speaker box thats making the noise, pop it apart, and take off just 1 wire off the speaker and VOILA!

magnet 07-13-2006 06:42 PM

I have done that on MANY vehicles throughout my life. I just find the lil speaker box thats making the noise, pop it apart, and take off just 1 wire off the speaker and VOILA!

NubianSithLord 07-13-2006 11:54 PM

Go to a junk yard and cut a seatbelt buckle loose from any mit and plug that in to your seatbelt when you don't want to wear one that way you never have to deactive. Or even cut one from the back if you want

magnet 07-14-2006 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: NubianSithLord

Go to a junk yard and cut a seatbelt buckle loose from any mit and plug that in to your seatbelt when you don't want to wear one that way you never have to deactive. Or even cut one from the back if you want

damn, thats a great idea! Goes to show you learn something new everyday

dirtwagon 07-14-2006 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: NubianSithLord

And I thought I was a redneck....lol
That's just as much of a pain in the ass as buckling up in the first place.

KimberlyB 07-14-2006 08:01 PM

THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH. I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVISE IN CONSIDERATION AND WILL LET YOU KNOW THE RESULTS!!
THANKS AGAIN!!!!;)

Manybrews 07-25-2006 12:22 AM

buckle up?

TheEngineer 07-25-2006 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

buckle up?
agreed