best for drifting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Default best for drifting?

Jst saying hey people, and have a question with regards to my next car. Im not sure weather to get a lancer, or go the evo..the truth is i wanna set it up for drift speck, evo's are AWD arnt they? i got told AWD is crap fro drifting, it just straightens up, lancers are jst FWD aye so that would be ebtter wouldnt it, ill take all the info u guys can give me, btw im new to jap as i currently own a holden commodore vp haha, but gonna sell it later.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Default RE: best for drifting?

rwd is the only way to drift. unless you buy a tray for the fwd lancer!

Old 07-20-2006, 03:27 AM

well u can always get the evo n juss convert it 2 RWD, dont they sell something for AWD cars where you can distribute the torque to the rear or front axles to make it drive like a FWD or RWD car?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Banned

get an old AE86 rolla

Old 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

get an old AE86 rolla
or an AR20DET swapped 240sx.

The EVO is no drifter either. I can get mine sideways but its hard

Old 07-20-2006, 03:37 PM

id say 240sx is the best, but i have seen an evo drift and it actually looked good, but his back tire caught the dirt and he ended up flipping his BRAND NEW car over about 3 times...lol sucks to b him

Old 07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

LOL i saw tha\t vid too... it was a chick!

Damn F&F... you watch... loads of people will join here asking about drifting an EVO...

Old 07-21-2006, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: 00Mirage

id say 240sx is the best, but i have seen an evo drift and it actually looked good, but his back tire caught the dirt and he ended up flipping his BRAND NEW car over about 3 times...lol sucks to b him
That wasnt real drifting that is how an evo races a track. and it was a girl driver and it was an older EVO. The EVO on a road course if driven right will drift slightly on every corner. real drifting is totally different from that video

Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: 00Mirage

That wasnt real drifting that is how an evo races a track. and it was a girl driver and it was an older EVO. The EVO on a road course if driven right will drift slightly on every corner. real drifting is totally different from that video
Fo rizzle I think too many people have played nfsug2. Their is an entire style to skill to drifting not just pulling the ebrake and sliding... thats just pulling the ebrake and sliding. Drifting is a controled slide using the power of the car to cause a loss of traction. Drifting was intinally used as a cornoring skill in racing and develped into a sport on its own.

Also you can drift in a awd car, personally I love awd drifting opposed to rwd drifting. Awd cars tend to drift at a very extreme angel and still able to bring it back where a rwd car would tend to power over and spin out. I have a dvd collection of many awd drifts but I am not going to waste my time uploading them to my comp and then hosting them, if you want hit up video.google.com or putfile.com. If your lookling for a budget drift car look into a mustang or something of the sort. AWD cars need lots of hp to drift becuase its harder to get all 4 tires to lose traction then for just 2.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

LOL i saw tha\t vid too... it was a chick!

Damn F&F... you watch... loads of people will join here asking about drifting an EVO...
lol some teens 17-19 yrs old, came up asking if my gsx was a "V6" and if i "could drift it" lol, o was like NO and NO hahaha

Quick Reply: best for drifting?