engine fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Default RE: engine fit

AlZuben - we would all appreciate it if you would please use the search feature from now on and we are sorry if you get a harsh response off the bat but we get a lot of the same questions asked on a daily basis that are answered on a daly basis and we often times get sick of answering them. You havea creatve mind but no you can't drop a vr4 engine into a 2g.
point taken....but if you have ever dealt with message boards before, then you know searching for specific info can be tedious and unproductive. When I found this thread, I revived it because it fell in line with my question.

and I don't have any interest in dropping a vr engine into anything. I'm looking to drop a 4m4 TD into a diamante.

but while we're on the subject of VR's, I did search and couldn't find any info on drivetrains. I'm assuming the drivetrain on the VR's is essentially the same on the galants, eclipses, evo and the gto. Is the drivetrain of an expo or outlander similar? Can you canibalize parts off these? any AWD experts out there?

I think I read somewhere that Mitsu built vr diamantes but never sold them in the us. I would go so far as dropping a diamante chassis on an expo frame if I thought it didn't involve too much sheet metal forming.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:41 PM

Yea, Ron. Al was never intrested in that motor swap. That was someone else. Hes talking about swapping in the 4m41 (diesel) 3.2L Pajero motor into a smaller car, such as a Lancer or Galant. For a few reasons, the largest being an intrest in diesel motors.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: AlZuben

I think I read somewhere that Mitsu built vr diamantes but never sold them in the us. I would go so far as dropping a diamante chassis on an expo frame if I thought it didn't involve too much sheet metal forming.
Look up the Galant VR-4 AMG. It was never sold here in the US... but is a badass car... and is 4g63t powered.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

Oh, ha ha ha, Ron. Cmon now, I have my moments.

Id say my useless posts are down to like 53.7%, max.... ok, 54% including this one.
hey, except for your "chavs" comment, I give you an A+ ! thanks for your help and considered responses, I have certainly appreciated your hospitality.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:44 PM

Wow... youve been working on this for quite some time havent you?
longer than you want to know!

Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

wait... i must have missed a post or 7... we started out talking about dropping a vr4 engine into a 2g right? now we are on MPG and money savings at the pump?
yeah, the title of the thread is "engine fit" I didn't find any info here on mitsu turbo diesels so I just hijacked a pre-existing thread.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Yea, Ron. Al was never intrested in that motor swap. That was someone else. Hes talking about swapping in the 4m41 (diesel) 3.2L Pajero motor into a smaller car, such as a Lancer or Galant. For a few reasons, the largest being an intrest in diesel motors.
diamante! galant maybe, lancer, no way!

Old 09-06-2007, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: AlZuben

Look up the Galant VR-4 AMG. It was never sold here in the US... but is a badass car... and is 4g63t powered.
nothing on the Wiki about the AMG. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Galant_VR-4I'm guessing these were made between 1993 and 2002.
There have been several of the 91-92 vr galants on ebay in recent weeks. I've always loved that car and would love to find one of the VR wagons....great for ski season.

If my research is correct, it looks like AMG was actually an aftermarket upgrade, increased compression, aluminum pistons, new suspension. Can't find anything on a VR and AMG package.

I'd still bet the late 90s v6turbo VR Galant would eat it up.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

I complimented the dude saying his post actually made some sense and then he calls people ignorant... [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Also, i dont have the first clue on how to install a stereo... look at any one of my past 100 posts and then tell me if i still know nothing. [sm=idontcare.gif]

Quick Reply: engine fit