Is this garbage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Default RE: Is this garbage?

Who the hell knows what he wants. Sometimes theres just no pleasing some people.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

I dont understand what he wants... a more technicaly termed reason why this thing is useless? We just call em like we see em, man.
yeah, the reason why I would be interested in this thing is to do research in thermodynamics, it has nothing to do with automobiles.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: bestwiseguy

Who the hell knows what he wants. Sometimes theres just no pleasing some people.
well, you have to be smart enough to get on the long bus....and I'm not being paid to bring you up to speed now am I?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:58 AM

Well now arent we sarcastic, and nobody is going to understand what the hell your talking about if you dont clarify. Now as for what you sayed about finding a different forum. Its like i said if you dont like this forum than leave, nobody is stopping you. From what ive seen out of you so far the only thing you like to do is make smart coments to people, that sort of attitude is not welcome.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM

yeah, I've already concluded your opinion is worthless, so I'm not particularly interested in your contribution. I came here looking for information and discussion about technical data on mitsu engineering. Obviously, you're not going to any help in that area.....so your comments are just a waste of bandwith.

unlike you, I think I actually had something to contribute to this thread that might have interested the original poster.
Quote:
Now, I don't know the specs on Mitsu carbs/injectors....but my guess would be that a standard carb for a v6 would probably draw 250 cfm or more.....in other words, this device effectively isn't giving you any increase in airflow.
as another poster pointed out, he got slight increase in performance at low rpm but at higher rpm it restricted more than it enhanced. Again though, this thing probably won't go above 1.1 atm so what's the point really if this thing starts blowing air out all it's seals once it starts spinning up.

If you have an opinion about this statement, by all means, please share....otherwise, stick to commenting about paris hilton and eat your bon bons.

Quoth the Troll:

From what ive seen out of you so far the only thing you like to do is make smart coments to people, that sort of attitude is not welcome.

so, I suggest you look to your own business.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:38 PM

It seems to me that AIZ agrees that the product is useless... given the above statement. Unless, that is, one intends to keep thier motor in the >1500rpm range.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 PM

oh, these things are definitely useless for cars! Their sales rely on the naivety of the consumer! Now this would probably be a great device to hook up to your BBQ or your fireplace to keep the coals hot....but again, this device is worthless on a car because it probably won't pressure up past 1.1 ATM.

Now if you look at a standard turbo for a gas engine, you're pushing about 8lbs of pressure or ~1.5 ATM. That thing is also spinning at 10k + RPM which is why they require an oil bearing instead of steel ball bearings.

To give a simple example of why this thing drags as RPMs increase, let's say you install this thing on a big block chevy with a 750cfm Holley carb. This blower is only pushing 250cfm so when you open up the throttle, this thing is pushing 250cfm and the intake wants 750 cfm....that's a negative airflow of 500cfm! This thing would suck the life right out of most muscle cars!

The ONLY reason I would want one of these things is to canibalize it and pull the turbine blade and shaft and install it in an RC boat.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 PM

The main thing that makes me mad about your comment is you coming to the site and putting it down. I understand if you want your questions answered and im sorry if im not able to answer them, but that does not give you the write to put this site or its members down.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:20 PM

yeah, well, I've seen a lot of snotty comments...with no evidence of mechanical knowledge to back it up....and more than enough racism and bigotry.....which really has no place here, I came to discuss cars.

So, I think you should take a long hard look at how some posters, yourself included welcome newbies.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: AlZuben

oh, these things are definitely useless for cars! Their sales rely on the naivety of the consumer! Now this would probably be a great device to hook up to your BBQ or your fireplace to keep the coals hot....but again, this device is worthless on a car because it probably won't pressure up past 1.1 ATM.

Now if you look at a standard turbo for a gas engine, you're pushing about 8lbs of pressure or ~1.5 ATM. That thing is also spinning at 10k + RPM which is why they require an oil bearing instead of steel ball bearings.

To give a simple example of why this thing drags as RPMs increase, let's say you install this thing on a big block chevy with a 750cfm Holley carb. This blower is only pushing 250cfm so when you open up the throttle, this thing is pushing 250cfm and the intake wants 750 cfm....that's a negative airflow of 500cfm! This thing would suck the life right out of most muscle cars!

The ONLY reason I would want one of these things is to canibalize it and pull the turbine blade and shaft and install it in an RC boat.
Heyyyy, now thats not a bad idea. Assuming the boat is gas powered.

Quick Reply: Is this garbage?