Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Mitsubishi Chat (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/)
-   -   Heavy Engine Vibrations (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/heavy-engine-vibrations-23080/)

yahcoy 10-28-2007 10:43 AM

Heavy Engine Vibrations

Hey guys need some big help here. I have a Lancer Cedia 2001. Problem #1. Whenever the car is started and put in drive the engine makes a very high rev and aggressively "pulls" forward. Problem #2. Whenever the car is in drive but stationary (like in traffic or at stop lights) the car vibrates heavily causing a loud knocking sound around the a/c, radiator area. Its even worst when the a/c unit is turned on. Problem # 3. Whenever I have to move off from a complete stop the car vibrates and virtually stalls especially if the a/c unit is on. In order to avoid this and the loud knocking sounds and vibrating I have to use my left foot to hold the brake while I use the the right foot to gently rev the engine whenever I am slowing down or coming to a complete stop- need some mega HEEEEEELP!!!!

sk8dudety 10-28-2007 11:34 AM

RE: Heavy Engine Vibrations

im thinkin that could be an engine mount that's bad

nick_200321 10-28-2007 01:18 PM

is it a 5 speed or auto?? if it is 5 speed you might need to adjust your clutch, it might not be letting go all the way

yahcoy 10-28-2007 02:38 PM

Would the engine mount cause all that problems?? I can understand the engine mount causing the pulling or slaming effect when the gears are changed. The car is automatic

nick_200321 10-28-2007 03:00 PM

it sounds like something wrong with your transmission to me, i think it is ready to die

yahcoy 10-28-2007 05:49 PM

Hey, is there anyone who can give me some more concrete information here. I thought this was the place for solutions and answers. Com'on guys!!!

jpmontero98 10-28-2007 06:16 PM

unless we're experiencing the problem first hand theres not much we can do for you over the internet......run your car, see exactly wehere the noise is coming from....somthing is broken,there are many possibilities

yahcoy 10-28-2007 10:35 PM

Anyone knows how to adjust the throttle (Lancer cedia 2001)?? I notice that the problem is greatly reduced/eliminated when I gently rev the engine.. Somebody throw me a life line here Plzzzz

sk8dudety 10-29-2007 01:28 AM

how does it idle? if it's a real rough idle which is what it sounds like you could have a vacuum leak... along with a tranny problem... check ur transmission fluid, could be low, same thing happened to my mom's taurus

yahcoy 10-29-2007 03:12 PM

checked the transmission fluid and its ok. changed oil, oil filter, air filter. battery is ok, coolant is ok as is all the other fluids. anymore suggestions??? how can i check for vaacum leaks and tranny???