Transponder Key

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Default Transponder Key

Anyone know how to program a transponder key for Galant 01 without going to the dealer? I saw some blank keps sold on internet and thought about get a replacement key but not sure if I can get instructions to program it myself. Andyone with experience, please, help. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Default RE: Transponder Key

I work at a Ford & Mercury dealership and I know their keys have to be programmed with the computer back in the shop...I think they only charge like $20 to program it so it shouldn't cost that much. The fob itself can be programmed by cycling the ignition a few times while holding the buttons in.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM

I am bringing back a old thread..didn't see any sense on creating a new one. When I bought my fiance her 04 Endeavor it only came with one key. I bought a new extra transponder key and was hoping I could program the new key like the GM cars and Toyota cars since I worked for a dealer for years. I noticed though that it requires 2 valid programmed keys to program a additional transponder key. I only have 1 so programming the new one won't happen.

Is there anyway to reset the transponder program mode to relearn keys...or the only way it to take it to a dealer and have a Mitsubishi scanner clear the existing keys and relearn?

Just wanted to know and I am sure there are others. If I can avoid spending $50 going to the dealer then that would be cool..if not, oh well

Old 03-31-2008, 09:22 PM

hello!! i work for a dealer and as far as i know the only way to program is at a dealer. i have gone to countless mitsubishi enthusiast web sites and hear all kinds of diferent things that SUPPOSEDLY work, but i have tried them with no success whatsoever. just to see if the system can be beat! mabey someone knows something else, but other than the mitsu scanner i cant help!! sorry!! greg....