Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Mitsubishi Chat (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/)
-   -   I want Speed + Power (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/i-want-speed-power-18568/)

AlexKing805 05-02-2007 01:42 AM

I want Speed + Power

Hey guys,

as you can see (sig) I have an 02 Lancer ES. The only installation I have is a muffler, not an exhaust system.

What are some things (that you can list) that I should buy that will give my car more SPEED. To my surprise, the car speeds up pretty quick. I'm planning on buying a body kit in the near future, but before i give it looks I want it to be able to speed. I know if I add the kit now, some locals are gonna see it and wanna race, and I dont want to be (god please forbid me from being) a ricer. atleast if i have a kit, whether people wanna call me ricer or not, i can back up my ride with it's power/speed.

Thanks. (please nothing too expensive like turbos/superchargers etc.)

Sebba 05-02-2007 01:46 AM

RE: I want Speed + Power

Nothing too expensive like turbos.... well.. that rules out everything...

Your fvcked :D

Why dont you save yourself the money from the bodykit and spend it on a turbo kit instead? You do realise they cost about the same anyway.

AlexKing805 05-02-2007 02:16 AM

But dont you have to completely buy new headers and other parts if you plan on doing a turbo installation?

Sebba 05-02-2007 02:22 AM

Yes... a lot more than just that.

Do you know all the costs involved in the bodykit?

The kit itself, then having someone mount it, then having it painted... not to mention if you drive above 80 the wind will cause it to crack. If you hit a tiny stone or take a speed bump at anything over 5mph you are screwed... take it from me. I have personal experiance in that.

However, i live by the principle that if you dont understand something (like a modification for your car) then you shouldnt be messing with it.

Its upto you. Do you want a to have a resonably quick car... or be a ricer?

Have you ever thought about selling it?

AlexKing805 05-02-2007 02:26 AM

Yeah, I'm actually looking into seeing how the flexible fiberglass would work/appear. As for mounting and painting, I'm hooked up with that, I just have to get a kit.

As for modifications, I barely know about that type of stuff... so I'm trying to learn.

EMonz57 05-02-2007 02:31 AM

ORIGINAL: AlexKing805

Yeah, I'm actually looking into seeing how the flexible fiberglass would work/appear. As for mounting and painting, I'm hooked up with that, I just have to get a kit.

As for modifications, I barely know about that type of stuff... so I'm trying to learn.

fiberglass is not flexable and it requires ALOT of work to put on and after a short time will look bad from getting stress crack and god forbid you bottom out or something your all done then. Honestly it is in you better interest to not get fiberglass at the very least. if you must get a body kit do not get all fiberglass and youll thank me later lol.

other wise I agree with sebz dont get a body kit and just turbo the car... if yo need info on turboing a lancer I can scrap up some tech stuff for you im sure

Sebba 05-02-2007 02:31 AM

Well in that case.. google is your friend.

There is no such thing as flexible fiberglass. If it flexes, then it cracks. Simple as that

AlexKing805 05-02-2007 02:33 AM

i've thought about selling it, but no one around here likes mitsubishi's. they're all honda huggers. a car dealer will take a trade-in, but they'll give me about $2,500... and I bought it for $6,100 about 7 months ago. What car would you recommend into buying + modding? (Something at a low reasonable price, not a 350z or an Evo... I wish. )

EMonz57 05-02-2007 02:36 AM

ORIGINAL: AlexKing805

i've thought about selling it, but no one around here likes mitsubishi's. they're all honda huggers. a car dealer will take a trade-in, but they'll give me about $2,500... and I bought it for $6,100 about 7 months ago. What car would you recommend into buying + modding? (Something at a low reasonable price, not a 350z or an Evo... I wish. )
in the price range you bought the lancer for your screamming DSM turbo

AlexKing805 05-02-2007 02:40 AM

Err, re-write please... you mean I can buy a turbo+kit for what I spent on buying the car?