Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Mitsubishi Chat (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/)
-   -   Large Sales Increase for Mitsubishi? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/large-sales-increase-mitsubishi-45558/)

Isophorone 12-04-2013 06:26 PM

Large Sales Increase for Mitsubishi?

I can't find a link right now, but I saw a news item quoted as saying that Mitsubishi had close to a 70% sales increase in the past year. Can anyone confirm this?

Vadimus 12-04-2013 08:05 PM

Yeah, 11 iMIEVs sold in this year Canada and 12 in the States...

firebuck 12-04-2013 09:42 PM

I really doubt it. I love my Mitsu's but man the company sucks at marketing and basic understanding of the North American consumer. They always seem to come this [] close to making a real impact but they seem to always miss the mark.

Isophorone 12-05-2013 12:52 PM

Funny, guys. This looks like an analysis of November sales:

Auto sales zoom on new models, Black Friday

I would note that after doing some investigation Mitsubishi sales have been up worldwide as well.

firebuck 12-05-2013 06:34 PM

The percentage was good but look at the number of vehicles sold. That number is so small that any increase will look big. I am happy the numbers are going up but I still think they need to do a shift in focus. More competitive interiors and, options and pricing. When their vehicles are even priced they have less performance/options/finish. When they are performance equal/better there is a significant price difference. They really need to address these issues for long term stability. They probably should bring a more diversified line-up to the North American market. Worldwide they have Diesel engines which would sell well here. They have mini-vans (shudder). They have pick-up trucks. They have mid size cars. They have sporty performance compacts (ralliart colt). They have large SUV's. But if you go to a dealership around me all you see is Outlanders and rvr's (sport model in Canada).
I have owned 5 Mitsubishis and I do like them, I just get frustrated knowing how good they could be and seeing what actually happens is disappointing.
As always just my 2 cents.

Isophorone 12-05-2013 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by firebuck (Post 297503)
The percentage was good but look at the number of vehicles sold. That number is so small that any increase will look big. I am happy the numbers are going up but I still think they need to do a shift in focus. More competitive interiors and, options and pricing. When their vehicles are even priced they have less performance/options/finish. When they are performance equal/better there is a significant price difference. They really need to address these issues for long term stability. They probably should bring a more diversified line-up to the North American market. Worldwide they have Diesel engines which would sell well here. They have mini-vans (shudder). They have pick-up trucks. They have mid size cars. They have sporty performance compacts (ralliart colt). They have large SUV's. But if you go to a dealership around me all you see is Outlanders and rvr's (sport model in Canada).
I have owned 5 Mitsubishis and I do like them, I just get frustrated knowing how good they could be and seeing what actually happens is disappointing.
As always just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. Other financial information I have read has stated that Mitsubishi has decreased its operating deficits. Maybe their new North American operations chairman is having a positive effect. Hopefully there will be newer and improved models again in the U.S. given the improved sales picture worldwide. The main thing is that I wanted at least to share SOME good news!

And I DEFINITELY agree with you about a diesel. Maybe they are seeing how Mazda will do (if they ever bring in the diesel Mazda 6)?

salvatorebilly 12-10-2013 01:46 AM

Thanks for the nice sharing,i have never know about it.