need some car advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Default RE: need some car advice

my budget is flat out 11,000.. no more, but would like to pick a car up for around 9000.. anygood ideas, preferably around 160hp+

Old 12-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

Dude for less you can get a bad *** GSX.

Ever think about a Miata? Low powered, 30+ mpg, decently quick (i drove one), SUPER fun to drive, really cheap... easy to turbo.

Dude you can pick one up for a couple grand, and turbo it...... dude that would be a bad *** car lol.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:26 PM

looks are big for me, and i don't like those small cars, they worry me, i know i'm VERY picky, haha. but its because i want to enjoy it and have it last for 5 years maybe. so miata are kinda out, hate mazdas' anyway, non reliable. also, i really am beginning to like those GSX, i see you love them. but any cons, you don't like about them, bad gass milage, or anything?! lol.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Well, they are kind of unreliable because people beat the **** out of them. Thats the only thing i dont like.

But if you find one that hasnt been beaten, and you change the oil and do the maintanance, it will serve you well.

Plus, the ones with the built motor and transmission can take a **** load of abuse.

Well the Miatas are actually really reliable. The only unreliable Mazdas are the rotary engines (the RX8 and the RX7). The rotary engine is totally differentfrom a piston engine, and to tell you the truth i still dont entirely understand them.

The Miatas are actually pretty reliable, and they have amazing handling. Seriously, i have been to autocross events where they frequently beat Vettes round the track. My brother hasa Lotus Elise, and i have driven both the Miata and the Elise, and to be honest...... i had more fun in the Miata lol. Shhh i didnt say that.

I guess if being really low down scares you, i can understand. Just dont drive like a dick! lol.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:33 PM

yeah, i don't like the miata, does it only come with a 2 seater, and also the GSX doesn't get that good of gas milage, how cheap can you find evo's and also, are there any other good makes out there besides mitsubishi??

Old 12-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Banned

Honda is good. I f-ing hate front wheel drive cars so i only like the S2000 lol.

The cheapest EVO i have seen so far was 16k with about 55k on it. To be honest, they are AWESOME value for money. One of the best handling cars out there. And because they have the same engine as the GSX, they are really easy to make power from. There is a member on here EMonz 57, that has a modded EVO, and he knows just about everything to do with them.

There is a lot out there. Im in love with the 2003-2004 Mustang Cobras... but they are pretty expensive lol. I just LOVE that sound. I would settle for a GT or something lol. But thats just me... i dont know if you would like the same thing. They suck on gas, they are hard to drive... and the noise from the exhaust would probably get annoying.

I also really lke the 2001 Audi S4's. They are a really sharp looking car, they are all wheel drive, and they are classy. The only major problem is that Audi dealierships are expensive. You can get them now for about 10k if you look hard enough.

Then you have the Subaru WRX. They are decently quick cars, fun to drive, all wheel drive, turbo etc. They are typically about 13k+. However, i HATE their engine configuration. They are sideways, not vertical, and they are not as strong as the EVO.

The gas mileage on the GSX is very dependant on how you drive it. I have gotten 30 miles to the gallon on the highway before doing 70mph(i used to live in England). When i started driving really hard, and running higher boost, that went down to like 15. But if i was cruising and taking it easy i could get 25+.

For about 11k you are pretty limited. I know what i would do, i would find a fully built GSX for about 7-8k, fly out there, and drive it back. Still having money left over lol. But thats me... and this is you lol

Old 12-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

Oh, and turbo cars need premium, and ONLY premium!

Ever think about a 3000GT VR4? Twin turbo, pretty heavy, pretty reliable, pretty easy to make power from. Pretty fun to drive?

Old 12-25-2007, 09:45 PM

yeah, i really like the evo, but can only afford the OZ, is there any other trims of the lancer that are good?
Also, the Audi S4's, hmm i'll look into that, just comment this page though, its hard keepin track which one we are talking about, lol...

Old 12-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

Gotcha!

Post your reply to my post in the other thread, in here. That way we keep it in one place.

Well, there really is no other trim of lancer lol. I dont like the Lancer anyay because its front wheel drive. Thats why i love the EVO, its all wheel drive and turbo.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:47 PM

If you get a ralli art lancer that comes with a little bit better engine I believe.

Quick Reply: need some car advice