Pimp my ride!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Default RE: Pimp my ride!

hey man be careful with cheap coilovers on a spyder!! I found that out the hard way. I bought some decent coilovers (they were a gift) and then was told that i couldn't put them on my car because my car was set up differently. Now my spyder is turbo so I know that makes a little difference but ALL spyders are heavier because of the weights in the doors to keep the car "stable" but yeah you might want to check around before you actually buy them. And I think body kits can be hot as long as you don't get one that hidious! lol. Definately lower it and get exhaust! AT LEAST 1.5 " fender gap looks bad with body kits.. and a TONNN of eclipses don't lower with kits. and ew. lol. but to each their own man! It's your car make sure YOU like it. doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.. personally I'm a dsm lover so I'll probly think it looks good no matter what! so [8D]lol.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM

OH YEAH! and if you do want coilovers I still have the ones I got if you're interested in buying them I'll ask my boyfriend (who bought them for me) how much he wants for them I'll make sure it's a good price since you're from the forums

Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM

Hey, thanks...when I was having it detailed a few days ago, the guy told me not to buy adjustable coil springs because they rode like hell. He recommended something that would lower it a fixed amount. Also, I saw some kind of mod in a catalog that brought the wheels further out so they would be flush with the exterior, instead of slightly inside. That may be a good idea on mine as well.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:34 PM

those are just wheel spacers... i dunno how necessary those would be for you though... i think they're more of just a look thing than an actually function thing, unless after you lower it ur tires dont clear something