Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Mitsubishi Chat (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/)
-   -   radar detector (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/radar-detector-1323/)

j0hn08 06-04-2004 05:59 AM

radar detector

which radar detector works great in low price? any suggestions

madmat 06-04-2004 08:28 AM

RE: radar detector

cobra is not bad I never got caught runnin mine it was when i was not runnin it in VA that I got busted.[:@] then someone stole it[:@]anyway make sure it has X,K,Ka,Superwide Band,360 laser, and VG2.and if your runnin in a prohibited state ( VA MD etc.,) make sure it has a VG2 cloak.

j0hn08 06-06-2004 10:11 PM

well im a newbie with radar detectors.. i just got a radioshack radar detector w/ x, ka, pro-laser, pro-laser3, vg-2 etc. features.. what does the radar detector indicator means if it says SA, X, K/KA,VG-2 and what do u need to do if they show up??

madmat 06-07-2004 02:09 PM

slow down[sm=smiley8.gif]no seriosly x,k,ka are all radar frequency which if you live in an area w/ alot of automatic doors (supermarket, bank, malls, etc.,) the radar on the door can also set it off. if you travel the same route daily you should start to see a pattern for falsies. once you've established what fixed items set off the detector you can relax a little more and not put your self through the windshield. vg-2 is when a cop is trying to be sneeky and has an electronic cloak on his gun SA must be something new or different on that model I know SWS that is like emergency equipment ( ambulance firetrucks and sometimes road workers)

j0hn08 06-07-2004 04:02 PM

so u mean that u dont really need to pay attention in x, k, ka bands?

j0hn08 06-07-2004 04:10 PM

does radar detector detect VASCAR,ORBIS, hoses etc... and does it really give u the right amount of time to slowdown or not?

zorchrog 06-07-2004 11:03 PM

Just FYI VG2 dont do anything it just means that a cop in one of the states where radar detectors are illegal is about to pull you over. And i always say two radar detectors is better than one. Ever since i have had a radar detector (the last 2yrs) the only ticket i have gotten is in virginia for using it, and i always drive 10-20 over the speed limit.

madmat 06-08-2004 09:37 AM

you don't need to pay attention to what is coming up on the detector just that something is coming up so you can slow down for it.

hot_lipse 06-08-2004 01:57 PM

i've had my cobra with x,k,ka, 6 band, 360 laser and with a vg2 cloak for 2 years, and i love it. i payed about $80 for it ... it's worth it ... granted i did get pulled over the one time i forgot to turn the volume back up ... but only once in the 2 years i've had it and my car

Seth 06-25-2004 11:29 AM

My pulsar is fully wired with radio communication hehe. [sm=smiley16.gif]

Uniden UBC780XLT 500 Channel Trunk Tracking Scanner - picks up CB, Marine, tv stations, Railroad, Police, Aircraft to a 1300 mhz range.

Uniden UH-013 Scanning UHF CB.

Uniden UH041P UHF 40 Channel Handheld Radios.

Only if i could get hold of a Laser/radar detector i've been to the cobra website only in usa. [sm=smiley17.gif]