Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Mitsubishi Chat (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/)
-   -   Small Performance Mods (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/small-performance-mods-29256/)

jack.s 09-14-2008 12:41 PM

Small Performance Mods

I have a stock 01 Eclipse GS with 85k on it, in pretty good condition.

What small performance mods would you recommend?

I don't want to do anything too extreme/expensive (no turbos etc), and I wont be racing this car seriously, but I'm interested in getting a little more jump out of it. I also don't want to do anything that will kill the reliability as I will be putting some miles on the car.

Thanks

Natedogg89 09-14-2008 03:11 PM

RE: Small Performance Mods

Intake and header back full exhaust. There isn't really a way to get a noticable gain ut of a GS without forced induction..

TheEngineer 09-14-2008 07:11 PM

yea i mean you can just stick with the usual intake and exhaust but dont expect to get much of anything noticable

bjam448 09-19-2008 11:31 AM

Hey guys I bought a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Oz Rally and I just got sponsored and I guess you could say I'm new to this stuff at least with Mitsubishi I am. So here's the scoop. I need to know what kind of "Cold Air Intake" I need. Should I go with a 4.0" dryflow airfilter shot neck 5" element? Please email me ASAP bjam18@gmail.com

hatchetman9449 09-21-2008 01:54 AM

man... im in college, and i im kinda messed up. but i dont recomend a turbo if u got a gs. like an intake and sht is good but id recomnd gettng a gsx if you want performance.

02TitaniumGT 09-23-2008 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: bjam448

Hey guys I bought a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Oz Rally and I just got sponsored and I guess you could say I'm new to this stuff at least with Mitsubishi I am. So here's the scoop. I need to know what kind of "Cold Air Intake" I need. Should I go with a 4.0" dryflow airfilter shot neck 5" element? Please email me ASAP bjam18@gmail.com
Good job jacking the guy's thread...make your own.

As to the original thread starter, exhaust and cai...good for all of 5-10hp if that much imo.

9eclipse8 09-25-2008 07:48 PM

yea ur not gonna notice too much of a difference, itll jus sound louder.. but lower that thing!!!

jack.s 09-27-2008 01:34 PM

ok thanks guys and sry for the late reply

so let's say I did go with a cold air intake & exhaust,

- What brands can you recommend?
- Keeping in mind I'm not a mechanic or anything, are they the kind of thing I could install myself?

Oh, also, the car gets a little "touchy" when I get over 85 (compared to newer cars). I'm thinking either power steering fluid or alignment, opinions?

Thanks