Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Mitsubishi Chat (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/)
-   -   What Do You Guys Recommend? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/general-mitsubishi-chat-5/what-do-you-guys-recommend-7875/)

vivaladan89 01-26-2006 12:48 AM

What Do You Guys Recommend?

ok well im looking to buy my first car now, looking mainly at an eclipse wish i could get a 3000gt but the insurance is killer on that ****. so i found a pretty bare stock 00 eclipse gs. basically im just wondering if you guys would recommend this car as a first car. its automatic and the guy said it was tiptronic but ive never heard of an eclipse having tiptronic do some of them come with it? i dunno also hows the trunk space on this car? i got a nice sized sub im gonna pop in there if i wind up getting it. here is a pic of it i havent gone to check it out yet but hopefully will this weekend.

TheEngineer 01-26-2006 09:41 AM

RE: What Do You Guys Recommend?

well its not the fastest car you could be buying and i know that my buddy had problems with his, but i think that his was just defective, LOL, how many miles and how much are they asking. Also if you are looking to get into cars you might want to get a standard. This would be a good car to learn on. Also i don't see how the insurance on a 3000gt is going to be alot higher than an 00 eclipse because they are older, true they are more rare but i don't see the insurance being that high. Are you just going on what you think or what your heard.

vivaladan89 01-26-2006 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

well its not the fastest car you could be buying and i know that my buddy had problems with his, but i think that his was just defective, LOL, how many miles and how much are they asking. Also if you are looking to get into cars you might want to get a standard. This would be a good car to learn on. Also i don't see how the insurance on a 3000gt is going to be alot higher than an 00 eclipse because they are older, true they are more rare but i don't see the insurance being that high. Are you just going on what you think or what your heard.
actually i checked it out, 3000gt would cost me 3600 a year on insurance cuz my mom is making me get the "recommended" amount and i gotta pay it, all my buddys have minimum and there insurance is like 1200-1500 but i guess its better in the sense that i have way more coverage. the eclipse is like 2600, the reason for the 3000gt being higher is cause its way faster Fast car + new driver= high insurance. but whatever. i actually went to go check out that car this afternoon and its been in an accdent and considering that the guy is asking too much he wanted over blue book it had 72k miles but he wanted 8500. i found another one though this ones black and its also a gs v4 has 82k miles but they only want 6995 and well that seems more resonable so i will see. i just kind of like the body style of this eclipse. i think it has a smoothness to it especially for the price. plus enough trunk space for my sub and amp. i need my bump lol.

derekthecynic 02-10-2006 08:39 PM

depends if you're looking for looks or performance.....or reliability

Silvertooth 02-11-2006 12:34 PM

I think any car that runs and is mechanically sound is a good first car for anyone. My first one was an 89 Honda Civic station wagon.

TheAdvocate 02-12-2006 03:50 PM

Im just curious on what your gonna try to "learn on" with this car? If you wanna put money into the car, and "learn on" working on it to get a fast car, then I wouldnt suggest it, because your gonna have to stick 2 much money into it to make it fast... Its more practical if your looking for something with just the looks/insurance and don't care 2 much about the performance... So please explain what you mean by "learning on"...

EMonz57 02-12-2006 07:23 PM

Ok I have to say the GS is and I4 not a V4;) but that aside it is a great first car and they are very reliable other than mine which was just beat to death from day one.

Tearstone sells turbo kits for them for $4500 or something around that and it will get you 300ish WHP and will be a pretty fast car considering. Id say go for the GS for your first car because a fast car for a new driver most of the times means bad things.

4zfed 03-02-2006 01:00 PM

I wouldn't recommend the 00 for a first car but I do aggree with TheAdvocate, what exactly do you mean by learning on, one oof my friends had one and he didn't like it... i drove it once and I didn't like it either but is all a question of reliability..... so i would use you beas tjudgement...

Silvertooth 03-15-2006 02:05 PM

i don't see how the insurance on a 3000gt is going to be alot higher than an 00 eclipse because they are older, true they are more rare but i don't see the insurance being that high.
Haha...oh man...without any accidents or tickets on my record, if I was on my own for insurance, getting my 3000GT SL insured would be on average $3,500 for 6 months. I did my research before buying my car.

Yay for family insurance plan! We pay $100 a month for three cars lol.

EMonz57 03-15-2006 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Silvertooth

i don't see how the insurance on a 3000gt is going to be alot higher than an 00 eclipse because they are older, true they are more rare but i don't see the insurance being that high.
Haha...oh man...without any accidents or tickets on my record, if I was on my own for insurance, getting my 3000GT SL insured would be on average $3,500 for 6 months. I did my research before buying my car.

Yay for family insurance plan! We pay $100 a month for three cars lol.
something is wrong with that picture. my EVO cost me 3600 a year in FL. prob half that in Mass. I am 21 with 1 ticket at 17 years old and one at 20 no accidents