Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Catback exhaust/ removing cat/ headers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Default RE: Catback exhaust/ removing cat/ headers?

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

it's 2.25in... they're made to bolt up to ur cat, not ur header
The stock exhaust is 2.25? ?

Old 10-31-2007, 09:19 PM

yea

Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

yea

Well the catbacks are only 2.25 also. So whats the point of buying one then if its not flowing any extra air? Ill just keep the stock exhust then because it dont seem likethe catback would do much good.

How much does it cost to have a streight pipe welded in where the muffler should be so i dont have to run a fart can?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:51 AM

That would sound like ****. If you want to do something like that buy a greddy or apexi can, and have it welded in place of your stock mufler. But in my personal opinion you should just stop being cheap and buy a full greddy or apexi exhaust. It is true you wont see much gain but it will have a really nice deep tone.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:04 AM

it will sound like crap, when i first pulled my car outta the shop i didnt have a muffler for the first week and i wanted to kill myself.... and the difference with a full exhaust and ur stock is it is made with mandrel bends, and has smoother "lines", it WILL free up ur exhaust and WILL sound the best... I dunno why you're not takin our advice on this. And trust me, if you cheap out you'll regret it later, and you'll probably get laughed at with the way your car will sound... just telling you from experience

Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Well I dont want to spend a whole crap load of money trying to make hp because if I keep the car im going to do a motor swop. I have $1400 right now to spend but im using that for a cf hood, lights, lowering springs, and $290 on a full exhaust, and maybe lambo doors.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:34 PM

If you plan on doing a motor swap then you might as well just sell it and guy a gst or gsx. It will probably end up being cheaper.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:30 PM

I dont plan on using a mitsubishi motor. Want to cram a 8 cylinder in it. Every thing I buy always gets a motor swop. Probably buy a chevy truck and rip the motor and stuff out of it.

I got under the car and looked and I gess the cat does come off But the bolts are rusted so bad their is no square edge. They been rusting for about 13 years now.Should Ijust cut the bolts off? And will a hollowed out cat sound the same as a test pipe? And how much money to weld a muffler on the stock exhaust systom?

Old 11-01-2007, 02:09 PM

a hollowed out cat will have about the same sound as a test pipe. As for welding on the mufler you would just have to go to a local shop and ask, i dont see it being more than 50 dollars. And im sorry but there is no way you are going to fit a v8 in that engine bay, it would be way to expensive not to mention impractical.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Banned

<--- cringes ....

Quick Reply: Catback exhaust/ removing cat/ headers?