Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-23/)
-   -   dc headers (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-23/dc-headers-17846/)

evoIX 04-05-2007 01:13 AM

dc headers

I own a evo IX and I was looking to buy the dc sport headers sold at JSC speed. Has anyone purchased these headers or know how well they work with the evo engine. I am worried they will kick a check engine light. If anyone has any info on this please reply.

TheEngineer 04-05-2007 09:35 AM

RE: dc headers

I hate it when sites call them headers. Because the term header is usually associated with a NT car. And what a turbo car has is a turbo manifold, not a header. [sm=rant.gif]

Well, anyways why are you looking at manifolds. What else do you have done to your evo. Because there are plenty of other things you could be buying than a manifold to increase HP. Especially on that car. Also i dont know how much id trust the DC "headers" either.

Dusty Eclipse 04-05-2007 11:14 AM

Not only that, but the Evo is a 4 cylinder... making them 1 header not two.

Sebba 04-05-2007 11:36 AM

Exhaust manifold ;)

TheEngineer 04-05-2007 01:00 PM

Its called either a turbo manifold or an exhuast manifold

Dusty Eclipse 04-05-2007 02:04 PM

Doesnt that only refer to basicly, the stock ones? With like, the 3/4 inch runners that lead to a giant open 'manifold' rather than the 4->1 or 6->2->1 type?

TheEngineer 04-05-2007 02:29 PM

huh??? I have no idea what you are trying to say. A turbo Manifold or exhuast manifold goes only from 4 pipes (usually equal length for equal flow) into one opening into the turbine housing. And the truely correct name for what he is looking at is called a Tubular Manifold

Dusty Eclipse 04-05-2007 02:32 PM

lol, tubular. I like that word... I want to use it more often in conversation.

TheEngineer 04-05-2007 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

lol, tubular. I like that word... I want to use it more often in conversation.
haha, what are you a Ninja Turtle :D

Dusty Eclipse 04-05-2007 02:49 PM

lol, TMNT revival man! I cant believe they made another movie...

evoIX 04-05-2007 11:16 PM

why don't you trust the dc exhaust manifold?Have you heard bad things about them?Will this exhaust manifold cause the check engine light to come on?Anyone

Dusty Eclipse 04-06-2007 01:02 AM

I believe Megan makes a decent header for that car, cheaper too, likely

TheEngineer 04-06-2007 01:07 PM

no its not gonna give you a CEL. But like i said, it still doesnt seem like the best place to spend the money to get some more HP out of the car. Your really only gonna increase spool time a bit. Look at some of the write-ups in the evo section or ask some questions in there. Theres a couple of guys that can really help you out and let you know the best mods to start with. Because for alittle extra money you can have that car running 11's

theend 06-22-2007 11:55 PM

the evo is a car not to mess with. only get the best parts for it such as all hks.