Exhaust fumes in cabin....details below - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-10-2018, 03:08 PM

Default Exhaust fumes in cabin....details below

Hello all. I've got a 2009 lancer gts. I've currently got around 135K miles and have had exhaust fumes entering the cabin. I initially thought this was from a leak, and eventual break, in the exhaust pipe past the cat, but this has been repaired and is still happening. Any help is appreciated. Here are the details:

1. No check engine light
2. Happens when using heat, A/C or vent (basically whenever the blower is on)
3. Usually bad at idle (car not moving or parked), but is much less to non existent when moving/driving
4. When trying to see if I can find the leak, I can smell exhaust fumes between the back of the engine and the firewall
5. When the exhaust pipe broke, the system from the cat forward did hang down until I got home to quick fix it. The seal from where the exhaust header connects to the rest of the exhaust pipe was replaced when I had the break repaired.

Thanks again ahead of time. Let me know if you need any more information.