Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-23/)
-   -   Exhuast (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-23/exhuast-3150/)

nate5023 01-22-2005 12:41 AM

Exhuast

I heard that if you get catback exhaust(3") it will blow your engine or manifold from some mechanic, when I took my car in, because he asked if I was going to do anyting to my car and I said I'm putting exhaust on and he said that would happen if I really jumped on it or raced. So he said I needed a new fuel pump and injectors. I planned on getting a fuel pump but I was going to wait on injectors till I put in my turbo, so is this true?

vertstanggt 01-22-2005 08:31 PM

RE: Exhuast

That guy's probably thinking of some specific, like all out drag sitution where that might be able to happen and just thinks you're a ricer and doesn't want you to waste your money on the car. That's crap, go with your exhaust and be happy. If he's the only one who told you about the fuel pump I would take it somewhere else before you had him do it to double check and just have them do it if it's bad.

customizedrides 01-22-2005 09:36 PM

I smell some bull ****! This guy is jerking you hard and I don't know if I would be trusting him to work on your car at all. If anything the wider exaust is better for your car because it allows you to get rid of more exaust faster. You don't need to even do the fuel pump, but if you're putting in TURBO you will eventually. Go with it and don't even worry about that guy.

Prophet 01-23-2005 04:23 AM

He is pulling your leg. Changing out your exhaust will not blow anything but if you are not running a turbo you will notice some lag with a 3" exhuast pipping. Normally I don't suggest going anything larger than a 2.5" on a N/A car. 3" only for FI applications. So I would wait a bit until you got your turbo to get your exhaust unless you really ain't tripping on a little low end power loss. Not a hige loss but a loss until you get your turbo installed.

vertstanggt 01-23-2005 05:11 PM

It's a differance in torque that you will see with the large exhuast. Even if you're planning on adding a turbo you'd still be fine with a 2.5 as long as you're not planning on going insane with the power. I'm going to go with a 2.5 when I eventually get a system for mine.

wicked_outlander 04-09-2005 10:40 PM

just get the 2.5 for now, then go for 3' w/ your turbo.

DSMTalonAWD51 04-12-2005 01:01 PM

wow! 3 foot exhasut is one big pipe ;)

GReddyGST 04-14-2005 02:06 AM

also you might possibly, and when i say possibly i mean like >5% chance that your car will run rich enough that your idle will be messed up and the ECU might need some driving time to reporgam itself...but thats a just in case, so if it does happen,m dont freak out...

wicked_outlander 04-15-2005 04:46 PM

yep' true....had a experience just like so, idle messed up. freaked out for a second, but soon realize i, installed new parts.

DSMTalonAWD51 04-16-2005 01:28 PM

when that happens let your car idle for 7-10 minutes, your ECU will learn what you have done a LOT faster than if you start driving around