Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-23/)
-   -   ideas for exhaust?? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-23/ideas-exhaust-22982/)

96420ars 10-23-2007 03:54 PM

RE: ideas for exhaust??

oh i kno, but i dont think i should worry about that, i live in ohio, haha, thats more of a californians worry, hahaha. but yea, hmmm, well i would hope it would still sound good on an n/a, i mean my friend who has a h23 lude has a straight test pipe and it sounds amazinggg, i kno tho theres a lil difference between our cars and hondas tho so but id think itd sound just as good tho, but im not sure, ill decide once im actually getting the exhaust kit, yea :Di kno, im truly a muscle guy inside so i already decided that im def not just buyin a big muffler and welding it on, haha, its catback and header or nothing, lol

96420ars 10-24-2007 02:45 PM

ok, i figured out what im gonna get, im gonna geta megan racing catback within the next month, 2.5" piping with 4" mufflet tip, i cant wait to order it and then put it on :)oh and im getting a megan racing 4-1 header as well :)so overall total for exhaust is going to be about $590, ughhh, itll b worth it tho so its all good, plus tho im saving up as well and i think im just gonna save for the next 2-3months cause i get paid every friday and i make bout 100 every wk so im just gonna save up bout 1000 then buy the exhaust as well as im plannin on buyin tein coilovers [8D]:)i cant wait

bestwiseguy 10-24-2007 03:19 PM

Sounds good man. Megan racing is a good brand and not to expensive.

blamesociety 10-24-2007 03:27 PM

check out youtube, great idea of how it'll sound on your car, i got the catback from MR as well, was wanting to get the headers from them, but something always came up to where i had to save my money and spend it on something else rather than car. have fun with installing the exhaust, lol. i had a tiny problem where the flange of the MR catback met the flange of the cat. had to file away metal from the MR catback because the bolt was a bigger diameter than the predrilled holes on the catback. but that shouldn't be any trouble.

96420ars 10-24-2007 04:14 PM

yup, i cant wait, i just need the money now [:@]oh well ill have it soon enough, just gotta save for a little while

sk8dudety 10-25-2007 08:54 AM

no no no no no you HAVE to get a cat in ohio, trust me. I live here too, and you wont pass e-check without one, which means you can get new plates for your car, etc. etc... besides your n/a car will sound terrible without one.... i took off the resonator on my car cause it has a leak in it and just replaced it with a straight pipe and i wanted to kill myself... i wound up replacing the whole midpipe (which had 2 resonators on it :-))

TheEngineer 10-25-2007 09:07 AM

wow honda's with a straight pipe, i can only imagine what that must sound like :eek:

96420ars 10-25-2007 09:42 AM

hmmm, didnt kno that i had to pass an e test to get new plates and crap up here as well, oh well, yea i was just sayin id like to get a straight pipe but i can handle havin a cat so ill just do that then, oh well, so but ya, oh cool, wut part do u live in? im in cincinnati, but ya, lol yea i kno, its a honda, but really it sounds good, like might just b my opinion but it does sound really good on his prelude, he has an se

itsme71190 10-25-2007 09:50 PM

yea. DONT sut off the cat. it does sound like crap. i have one without it. gives it a high pitch echo sound. i hate it.

96420ars 10-26-2007 11:36 PM

yea, hmm, i guess in a sense tho its really a lot about personal opinion, some ppl may like how an eclipse sounds with a straight test pipe, kinda like myself but im leaning more towards just getting a cat instead now, but ya really tho like i mean my friends prelude sounds really nice with one, and another of my friends that has a 97 gs has one and it sounds kinda good to me as well, but i mean i guess if i really dont like the cat i can always gut it out [:-]nahhh [:'(]