Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

How to install bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Default How to install bluetooth

Hi i have a citroen c crosser (misubishi outlander) with sat nav (unit code 8750A139) with a CAN i interface modual 8750A090 can i add a bluetooth unit that will interface with the screen? If so what unit would i need.

Thank you in advance

Old 07-21-2019, 07:52 PM

Hi Hostile 1991, I'm in the same position. If you want factory, then it's a bit of a hunt. My MMCS is C-01 8750A139 (under the button in bottom right corner). In my car there is no microphone installed (in dome light fitting) nor any wiring from this fitting down the passenger A pillar (my car is RHD). I've managed to get the mic and a loom from a lancer off auction site (which will need to be extended) and am trying to find out which Hands Free Module {HFM} I need). My car is a 2007 and the C-01 MMCS will not support USB. So ideally need the HFM with a single connector rather than the HFM with two connectors. 2nd connector on the HFM is for the USB. I have questions out on Russian forums to find out whether the later model HFM (with USB) will still work with a unit that cannot support USB. Early HFM's are around 2-3x the price of later HFM models.

With the C-01 and 2007 C-Crosser it's basically a retrofit - but is a 'work in progress' for me. I have found out that the C-02 variant of MMCS does support USB (The HFM does both) and this is found in the C4 Aircross. However, I haven't been able to find out whether the wiring connections on the back of the MMCS would be the same. Being Citroen with their 'flare' I would guess completely different

The first factory installed HFM module is part number 8785A004, but it seems there are some issues with this when it's hacked to work in Russia with Russian language. I don't know whether these issues also occur in native languages.

If you find out anything would be grateful, I've spent so many hours on searching this, I'm sure the info is out there but it's all spread very thin haha.

Depending on the age of your C-Crosser, if you look in the secret menu it will tell you whether an HFM is already fitted (there is a sticky on the secret menu).

HTH

Last edited by Carbon8ed; 07-21-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Extra info
Old 07-21-2019, 07:57 PM

Forgot to say, in lieu of USB ability, I'm trying to find out whether I can enable the aux option. In my car, there is a connector attached to the backplate of the centre console, but it seems only half the wiring is in place (Merci Citroen!)

So 'm either looking to spend a fortune on getting some connectivity or a small fortune on a later variant of MMCS. Beware there are loads of variants of the MMCS in a range of Mitsubishi models in the UK/Europe and Australia and the USA, but working out which models are in which cars, which models support USB and whether the rear connectors will fit in the C-Crosser is confusing and I'm losing my hair over it.