Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

MMCS Aux wiring with TV box

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Default MMCS Aux wiring with TV box

I have been reading quite a few threads relating to this but non cover my issue.

I have recently bought a 2008 Japanese V6 Outlander with MMCS 03. In Japan it was fitted with a factory TV option. I am in NZ and this will not work here so can come out ( Unit part no is TU200D).

I am trying to get Aux working for Ipod. The local experts here say the issue is with this box. Pressing Aux just gets a Japanese error message Disconnecting the TV box does allow the Aux to take you to the Aux page and gets rid of the error. I have traced the RCA plugs at the rear of the centre console back to under the passenger seat and they are just extension cables that run into a loom. There are RCA females at one end that join into a short loom to a large black square multi plug that goes into a socket marked I/O bus on the TV box.

I suspect they just piggy back off the multi pin plug . My thoughts would be that to get it to work it would be a case of connecting some of these pins together to get the signal from the RCA sockets. Can anyone help with the wiring diagram or experience

I can then connect the Ipod to the female RCA plugs via a jack plug.

The other option I have looked at is using the 8 pin mini din to 30 pin Ipod cable. There is a socket for this in the back of my MMCS. Cable has not arrived yet so I have no idea if this will work yet

Old 09-23-2017, 02:29 PM

Hi, I know its been a while, but did the 8pin to 30 pin ipod cable worked in the end?

Thanks

Ben