Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

92 vr4..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Default RE: 92 vr4..........

^^ did you say stealths didn't have the active aero with the suspension or whatever? my friend's gotta an rt/tt and he's got it

but if you didn't say that. then my mistake

Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: thestealth

Instead of saving money to modify it, you'd better save up for maintenance and repairs.
If the ECS functions, all you have to do is hit the switch, you should be able to notice how much stiffer the suspension is.
Stealths don't have the active aero, but from what I have read, it is usually the front that gets messed up. That may be why the light is on, but I don't know.
When you take a curve fast, you'll be able to notice the AWS. It is very subdued, but is noticeable since the rear wheels turn in the same direction as the front wheels.
As for potential...that all depends upon how deep your pockets are.

Offer him $2500.
thanks. ok so how much would it be to fix the aws IF it wasnt working, and how much to fix the ECS?. thanks. and yea i looked online and found that the front aero mostly gets stuck, so ill check that. 2500$? how about 2000-2200?

Old 12-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Not that the AWS can't fail, it's just not a common problem. Honestly, I do not recall hearing of anyone who has had theirs fail. To repair one with used parts, probably a few hundred dollars. To repair with new parts (dealer only probably) could run into the thousands.

ORIGINAL: isiah

^^ did you say stealths didn't have the active aero with the suspension or whatever? my friend's gotta an rt/tt and he's got it

The Stealths (RT and TT) do have ECS (electronically controlled suspension).
They do not have Active Aero (front air dam that lowers and rear wing that adjusts).

Old 12-11-2006, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

hey are you the same isiah from my site(missourimitsu) the one from columbia?
yes sir, that is me... and what have you been up to? got the 3s yet?
Still scratchen up the money to do soo...all in time. Hey you commin to the 2nd annual all MO mitsu meet this spring? We only had one 3/s last year

Old 12-11-2006, 10:52 PM

Not to drift too far off topic...but where will the meet be held?

Old 12-11-2006, 11:54 PM

Not that the AWS can't fail, it's just not a common problem. Honestly, I do not recall hearing of anyone who has had theirs fail. To repair one with used parts, probably a few hundred dollars. To repair with new parts (dealer only probably) could run into the thousands.

The Stealths (RT and TT) do have ECS (electronically controlled suspension).
They do not have Active Aero (front air dam that lowers and rear wing that adjusts).
how about repairing the ECS? what does it consist of? and how much would you say to repair? thanks

Old 12-12-2006, 12:46 AM

Not to drift too far off topic...but where will the meet be held?
Cosmos park in Columbia MO...We will have full details posted up on www.missourimitsu.com later. Your from Kansas right? hope to see ya there!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:03 AM

hey are you the same isiah from my site(missourimitsu) the one from columbia?
yes sir, that is me... and what have you been up to? got the 3s yet?
Still scratchen up the money to do soo...all in time. Hey you commin to the 2nd annual all MO mitsu meet this spring? We only had one 3/s last year
hmmm, was this the one that ended up being that anyone with any car could show up? or was that the dsm meet? anyways, i'll try to make it this time around. i just really need to know as soon as possible, so i can make sure i can get off of work. and whose 3s was it anyways? vr4/tt or no?

_isiah

Old 12-12-2006, 04:18 AM

no that was the dsm meet...i had nothing to do with organising that....the 1st all mitsu meet was back in march...there were about 23 mitsubishis at the meet.

heres some pics....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2392632/4

and the 3/s was an sl owned by some teenager from springfield. and this years meet will be on april 7th i believe.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: BrunoBoy650
how about repairing the ECS? what does it consist of? and how much would you say to repair? thanks
There is an ECS computer, the wiring harness, and the struts. The ECS computer has the same sub-par capacitors as the ECU (and TCU) that will fail over time and cause problems. Also, the wires/connectors on the individual struts sometimes get damaged. There are replacement struts that are not ECS capable (KYB is one brand), so if the struts have been replaced with those, the ECS will not work (obviously).

Quick Reply: 92 vr4..........