Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi 3000GT (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-3000gt-12/)
-   -   Couple of questions (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-3000gt-12/couple-questions-4298/)

jvskate4 05-14-2005 06:38 AM

Couple of questions

I just got a 92 vr-4, and right when i got it home it started acting up. It idles out...i'll be sitting with the car on, and it will just shut off. And sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. I don't really know why it does this, my friend and i checked the ECU and it says it's fine. My neighbor said he thinks it might have something to do with the vacuum??
My second gear grinds, everytime unless i shift early at a low rpm, or shift sloooowwwwllllyyyy. The guy that sold me the car said that that was really common in mitsubishi's especially 3k's. He said it was the synchro. Anyone know anything about that? And if so any recommendations on what to do..?? All i know is i HATE grinding my baby's second gear.
The tour-sport "button" fell out, and it has a peice chipped out of it. Anyone know where i can get a new one of those? and is the "tour sport" icon supposed to blink in the gauge cluster??
One last question, my air/fuel ratio gauge is normally at lean or rich. It doesn't relaly go to ideal that often, and when it does the bar kinda just fluxuates between lean and rich...why is this?

THanks-james

jvskate4 05-16-2005 01:06 AM

RE: Couple of questions

I think the idle problem has fixed itself?? My car now idles at around 750 which i'm told is what 3000's are supposed to idle at...But oh well i still need some help with the other things.

thestealth 05-16-2005 01:57 PM

RE: Couple of questions

Under the caps on the strut towers are the wiring harness' for the ECS. Check to make sure no wires are damaged or unhooked. You can try swapping out your tranny oil for some GM syncro-mesh that will buy you some time, but more than likely you will need to have your syncros replaced. Junk yard or a dealer would be your best bet for the button that fell out.

WatsonVR4 01-29-2010 08:12 AM

Did you ever get your starting problem fixed? I am having the same problem. I fully rebuilt my engine, and I started the car and it ran for about 10-15 minutes, then it cut off. Now I can get it to start. If you got yours fixed, could you let me know what worked. Thanks a lot.

Girly VR4 01-30-2010 05:35 PM

he posted this thread back in 2005... my guess he either got it fixed, or sold the car.

Where are you located?

WatsonVR4 01-31-2010 01:00 PM

I am located in Edenton, NC. I didnt even pay attention to when it was listed. The car will turn over, it just wont start. I checked the coil pack but I noticed Im not getting any fire now. Do you know what the problem could be. I had a friend come look at it 2 days ago, and he said its probabley a fuse or relay that went out. I just replaced my ecu with a good looking used one. So I didnt think that was the problem now. But I dont know.