Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

flooded 3000gt

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Default flooded 3000gt

hello,
i have recently aquired a 1992 3000gt that was in a flood in Ohio, the entire vehicle was purchased originaly by my father and dried out before any battery power was applied to the vehicle. after that i donot know what was done. recently my father has passed and i aquired the vehicle. I want to restore the car as kind of a tribute to him. as you will read in my signature i am a certified diesel tech. and graduate of NADC. However this is a different animal than what i am used to dealing with. i own a diesel and perfomance shop and have many resources and capabilities but am looking for suggestions and guidance from 'yall. I am a avid user and believer in the Diesel truck forum and hopeing to find as much if not more help from this one. Please give me some guidance and feed back.
thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Default RE: flooded 3000gt

There are several computers in these cars that can/will be damaged in a flood. There is an ECU behind the radio, air bag comp under the console, ETACS comp under the dash by your left knee, ABS comp in the rear LH passenger seat by the rear speaker and if equipped, an ECS comp in the hatch area by the fuel filler neck and a TCU near the firewall between the passenger footwells.

Is the car a base, SL or VR4.