Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

keyless

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Default keyless

i am puting in a new keyless entry with remote start aswell. i was wanting to know if anyone has done this and if they will help or now of a good web site to show me.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Default RE: keyless

i think i can do it but dont know how to put on the start. guess ill learn

Old 12-06-2006, 01:07 PM

will it also remove the factory secrurity system?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:19 PM

Since getting the gt,Ive been trying to find a good OEM remote to work with the car,Bought it,and it had just the keys.I have purchased an aftermarket keyless entry system,and while it does work there are many functions the aftermarket wont handle,that the OEM would.I basically installed in the same area as the original "interior computer" and piggybacked it into the harness.The Factory alarm will not arm unless you do it with the key,and this might be normal for the car,but as for me,Im gonna keep trying to get a good key fob/interior computer(reciever) and keep it as its supposed to be.If you are dead-set on installing this remote start/alarm system Id suggest you have someone like Circuit City,or someone versed in these systems to install it for you.That way the headaches are theirs,and if something goes south,you can take it back and tell them to fix it.....[:@]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9786/40AD382A85C248E4A09336E32C737C79.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-11-2006, 09:07 PM

I install these at work everyday, I can help if you still need it. What year car you have? You should go with DEI products, they are better than any other line. You can get the Viper 130xv for about $200 which comes with everything you need to hook up keyless entry and remote start. You could also go with the Hornet 570t which is about $50 cheaper but not as good.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:30 PM

Damn good looking gt,wish mine had the black interior....I installed an aftermarket keyless remote,and after some "diddlin" got both the drivers side and passengers side to lock and unlock,there are no lights that blink,or horn that beeps when armed/disarmed,but Im not sure theyre supposed to anyway.Ive bought an OEM interior computer(keyless reciever) off a dude on ebay(if it will ever get here),and hopefully with the 65.00 remote I bought to supposedly match the reciever,Ill be back to Original....[&:]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9786/DD30070ABAB14516B5E59A4DBC96328D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-11-2006, 09:35 PM

Your lights should blink once on lock and twice on unlock, and when your vehicle arms it should chirp or beep depending on the security system you have. What year is it, I can paste a printout of the vehicles wire codes to make things a load easier for you. Here is a diagram of my car for an example.

Name:  953000gt.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  100.5 KB

Trunk/Hatch Pin Note: Also blue/white at ETACS if car has anti-theft

Hood Pin Note: The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two(2) plugs on the bottom edge.

Factory Alarm Disarm Note: The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two(2) plugs on the bottom edge.

Must be relay isolated from the door key cylinder

Tachometer Note: Also found at ECM behind center console.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:00 PM

its a 1993

Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 PM

The 93 is a bit different but not much. Here is the diagram.

Decide what which model remote start you want and i can help you with hooking it up.

Name:  933000gt.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  91.7 KB

Trunk/Hatch Pin Note: Also blue/white at ETACS if car has anti-theft

Hood Pin Note: The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two(2) plugs on the bottom edge.

Factory Alarm Disarm Note: The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two(2) plugs on the bottom edge.

must be relay isolated from the door key cylinder

Tachometer Note: Also found at ECM behind center console. On SOHC models can also use white/black at the ignition coil for tach.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Dont know if youre responding to mitsuant or me,but for whatever its worth mines a 96,it was actually built in late 95,which has been the issue with the OEM keyless remote,the 96 and up key fobs are programmed supposedly through the OBDII port,as the 95s and earlier required removing the rear access panel on the drivers side to get to the switch on the reciever module.Since mine could be considered either 95 or 96 Im having to attempt to try both methods of programming...I DO know however that a keyless fob for a 96 will not work on my car...I couldnt find an owners manual for this car at a reasonable price,but DID find one for a 96 Stealth,its pretty much identical,but omits some of the features of the 3000gt such as the steering wheel radio controls, Im figuring that this option wasnt offered on the Stealth?

[IMG]local://upfiles/9786/492BD27580DA4322ADAFC0A588E8329C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: keyless