Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

looking for vr-4

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Default looking for vr-4

im looking to buy a vr-4. I like the 1st gen. but if i can find anything newer for a good price that would be good. If anyone can find one or is selling one for around 5 or less that would be great. Thanks

Old 02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Default RE: looking for vr-4

how are you mechanically speaking? not to be mean or anything, but for that price-- chances are you'll be looking at a wee bit of work. and when i say weeee i mean almost a lot.lol

_isiah

Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM

oh well if anyone could find one for 6 or less that would be good. If some work has to be done thats fine.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM

are you talking body work, or mechanical work? i say all of this because chance are for five or six k you'll be looking at a vr4 that needs the 60k or 120k mile tune up. and that'll easily run you another 500 to 1000 depending on parts and who does work.

_isiah

Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM

i looking more towards the mechanical tune up. I dont really want to have to do a lot of body work.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Dude isiah why you keep saying your little remarks about a vr4 needing work he is not asking that he is asking if anyone is saleing one not the money or work he is going to need to get it runnining. mcs9182 you can find some nice running ones for sale im a member her and on 3si.org and they have tons of vr4 for like 5 to 6 grand running condition check them out. You can also check www.craigslist.com or ebay.com and autotrader.com. I love the first generation vr4 they look real nice, but in all good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: underpressure2003

Dude isiah why you keep saying your little remarks about a vr4 needing work he is not asking that he is asking if anyone is saleing one not the money or work he is going to need to get it runnining. mcs9182 you can find some nice running ones for sale im a member her and on 3si.org and they have tons of vr4 for like 5 to 6 grand running condition check them out. You can also check www.craigslist.com or ebay.com and autotrader.com. I love the first generation vr4 they look real nice, but in all good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.
i guess you're right. but, i keep making those "little remarks" to try to help him get something that isn't just going to stick him with a headache. and, yes i know that you can find vr4's for five or six thousand in running condition, but just because it's running doesn't mean that it's healthy. i'm just making references to what i've seen in the past like when i was searching for my vrFOUR, so yes you may very well find one that is perfectly healthy for around five thousand dollars. but, at the same time you may not. this is just me, but i searched for mine until i found exactly what i was looking for. i didn't really wanna settle for something that may have problems in the near future...

_isiah

Old 02-14-2008, 12:13 AM

True but you didnt answer his question tho. But if its to pricy to tune up your vr4 why own one I own 3 of them now a 91 94 and 98 payed good money and no problems what so ever, so he has a good luck but, back to the subject....yes he will find a nice vr4 for that asking price he just has to be patient. Any car will have problems from the 80-2000 miles but its all in good choice or judgment. Alot of people told me not to buy the vr4 that it seemed like it needed work, they were wrong. My 94 has only given me one problem and thats the Antenna not working thats all. But in all yes you were trying to help,....but it did not answer his question....so this thred is done well with me and you but done.....

Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 AM

^^cool-- and, good luck searching mcs. just stay patient, and i'm sure exactly what you're looking for will come along. but yeah, take a look over at 3si.org...

_isiah

Old 02-20-2008, 07:35 PM

i would sell my vr4 for 6 grand after i do the valve job & port & resurface the heads.