Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi 3000GT (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-3000gt-12/)
-   -   Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4 VS. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-3000gt-12/mitsubishi-3000gt-vr4-vs-mitsubishi-eclipse-gsx-34169/)

XIOZZYIX 10-21-2009 10:51 PM

Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4 VS. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

There has been a lot of talk about which one is faster and which one performs better but I want opinions from people that actually own one. I will be posting a different one in the eclipse forum too to see what they have to say about the difference.

My one friend told me that the GSX can be faster fully moded then a fully moded VR4 and has potential to get to 7-9 Seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Just want people's opinions on the GSX's VS the VR4's.

Shifty92 10-22-2009 11:14 PM

i have seen a 7 second eclipse.. have not seen a 7 second vr4 sadly =(

Sebba 10-25-2009 11:53 PM

Straight line speed isn't everything.

But in terms of your friends statement, he's absolutely right.

dsm1990gsx 10-26-2009 07:47 PM

All I know is that 3kgt vr-4's are a whore to work on, thats why I have a dsm lol.

Girly VR4 10-28-2009 02:23 PM

That's like comparing a tubbed out nova to a track-only gsx/vr4. There is no comparison to highly modified cars.

Stock for stock, the gsx is a big steamy pile of sh*t and the vr-4 is a much more comfortable, stable, and better quality hunk of sh*t.

isiah 11-17-2009 12:08 AM

^^roight!

and your friend is a moron, ask yourself what the definition of completely modified is.. exactly, there is none... and if you still think your friend knows what he's talking about, how about this.. a gsx has one huge turbo!! lets put two that size on a vr4

**if you're choosing between the two, i'd go with a vr4, as everyone and their mom drives an eclipse. sure i know they can be fast, but i'd just rather drive something that you don't see every day

_isiah

Girly VR4 11-18-2009 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by isiah (Post 252782)
^^roight!

and your friend is a moron, ask yourself what the definition of completely modified is.. exactly, there is none... and if you still think your friend knows what he's talking about, how about this.. a gsx has one huge turbo!! lets put two that size on a vr4

**if you're choosing between the two, i'd go with a vr4, as everyone and their mom drives an eclipse. sure i know they can be fast, but i'd just rather drive something that you don't see every day

_isiah

modified vs modified is the dumbest argument in the world.

You can slap any turbo configuration on any car and get different results. Throw a single turbo on a vr4, but what size?

eclipses are plastic garbage, they squeak, rattle, and were assembled using a hot glue gun and plastic spoons.

it's apples and pizza... no comparison between the two on any level... two different build qualities, two different engine sizes, two different cars aimed at two different buyer-types.

cheap-as$es, vs. sport-luxury drivers.