Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

New

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Default New

Hi everyone im new to the 3000GT scene and i would just like some tips on moding a 94 , its not the vr4 but i would really like to add somethings to power it up then start working on the interior. i am having some problems with it because it keeps shutting off when idling. I would also like to know what the rpm's are when this model idles because mine is like 2-2.5k and this seems a little high for an automatic. please respond with any tips or suggestions for upgrades or reliable websites that have nice interior or exterior mods.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Default RE: New

First things first get your car running right before you even do any modding. Next things is get rid of the horrible ATX tranny. That junk is slow as crap. Get a Downpipe or full Headers(from 3sx), Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter, 2.5" Cat-Back Exhaust, and an air intake(like $50 off ebay). If you still want a more powerful car get a lightweight crank pulley from 3sx and a fidanza flywheel. Also, you are going to need to get your engine to stop moving around so much in the engine bay so get some engine mount inserts or solid engine mounts from maximal performance. Your RPM's shouldn't be anywhere near the 2-2.5K that you are talking about. I have a MTX tranny and I idle around 800-900rpms you should be around 1K with your ATX.....so get your car working right first cuz all the power in the world just isn't very good if you can't even use it. Peace