Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Default Quick Question

Okay I have a 92 3000GT, and it has an electrical issue with it. I was wondering if anyone knew of the common probs. with these cars. And is there any common electrical problems? Any help would be apreciated. Thanks! Jacob

Old 06-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Default RE: Quick Question

what is it doing that makes you think it has an electiracl problem?

[IMG]local://upfiles/8600/5212505E055744D5971466469EF09B10.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-30-2006, 06:57 PM

Well, to begin with I will tell yo what went out at the same time. The power/Economy, Overdrive on/of, and the lighting for all of my guages all of them went out at the same time. And also my tranny was shifting weired... Slipping into nutral all the time, would not go into second and when it did ,very few times, it made3 a loud squilling noise. So I pulled out my ecu thinking that it might be that,and found out that it was fried in about 3 places. So I thought that might be what is causing all of the problems. I got another ECU and put it in. The car made 5 cliking noises form the new ecu, and fried. The clicking noise soundedc like the Ecu was reseting to defalt. Well before it fried it managed to all but the lights back on. Then for some reason I put the old Ecu back in and now it works good, with a few times of slipping into nutral. Do you have any Idea what could cause that? My best guess is that it is electricall because of the nature of the problem and because I have all the original equipment back in and is running again. Thanks for everything.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:34 PM

sounds like you havea severe electiracl problem man i have never herd of that before on any car in my life i would say tear everything out of it wireing wise and reoplace it because you probably have a short somewhere this could be costly so use a meter and try and find the short and see if you find one and if it helps to replace it

Old 07-01-2006, 02:06 AM

Tell me about it. Anopther thing just happend. I found a fuse that was burrned so I replaced it. It is for the ilumination. well evertything was fine and all untill I turned on my lights. When I did that my everything that went out before happened again. BUT, when I turned the lights off they came back on again. So.... my train of thought is maybe the short is somewhere in there. O and another thing is the guy that had this before me tried to put in am after matket stero and did a very poor job. he was puting the right fron + with the right rear -. so it just got worse from there. another thing that he has installed, which by the way I think he did it, is there is an after maket alarm in it. and he just put it in parallel with the factory alarm. so I did not know if that could cause this kind of problem or not.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:32 PM

yulp i would definatly say go in there with a meter and fix what ever he screwed up hope you find your problem 3kgt's are ausome when they function correctly