Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Selling 1997 3000GT-VR4

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Default Selling 1997 3000GT-VR4

[size=3]

My friend, a gentlemanly doctor of 75 years of age, passed away a little while ago and his widow has asked me to sell his 1997 3000GT-VR4 for her. The doc was the only owner and babied this car in the same way he cared for his patients. He never raced it or wrecked it but did keep excellent records of maintenance by the local Mitsubishi dealer; all records are on hand. I've replaced the wheels and have new Potenza tires on it and have shined it up but it didn't need much cleanup since it only has 54,000 miles on it and has been garaged all its life. It is loaded with moon roof, infinity sound-cassette and ten CD player, leather seats w/lumbar/side support etc..Everything works and she rides like the wind. The only real issue is the right price: I have scanned autotrader, classyauto and cars.com and have seen a mind boggleing price range from $19,000 to $39,000. I personally think that few '97 GT-VR4's can surpass this car in care, condition or performance. I am committed to getting the best price I can for the widow and would even buy this red gem myself if a good offer doesn't come in. I am asking the mid point price of $28,900 and would like to get any feedback you have to offer. Larry D

Old 08-13-2006, 03:21 AM
Default RE: Selling 1997 3000GT-VR4

ORIGINAL: BIG D

[size=3]

My friend, a gentlemanly doctor of 75 years of age, passed away a little while ago and his widow has asked me to sell his 1997 3000GT-VR4 for her. The doc was the only owner and babied this car in the same way he cared for his patients. He never raced it or wrecked it but did keep excellent records of maintenance by the local Mitsubishi dealer; all records are on hand. I've replaced the wheels and have new Potenza tires on it and have shined it up but it didn't need much cleanup since it only has 54,000 miles on it and has been garaged all its life. It is loaded with moon roof, infinity sound-cassette and ten CD player, leather seats w/lumbar/side support etc..Everything works and she rides like the wind. The only real issue is the right price: I have scanned autotrader, classyauto and cars.com and have seen a mind boggleing price range from $19,000 to $39,000. I personally think that few '97 GT-VR4's can surpass this car in care, condition or performance. I am committed to getting the best price I can for the widow and would even buy this red gem myself if a good offer doesn't come in. I am asking the mid point price of $28,900 and would like to get any feedback you have to offer. Larry D
Larry
sounds like a sweet car...and I ONLY offer feedback becase you ask. You can buy the 99 VR4 with roughly the same miles for anywhere ranging from 19,900 to $24,900. The car sounds like a great buy for someone and will treat someone well, just "helping" out a little. Best of luck, I am sure its a great car.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Yes, this definitely sounds like a great car. However, if you look on Ebay, you will see very competitive prices. I picked up a 1995 in near new condition with 57,000 miles on it for $18,600. The is a guy in San Jose with a 1995 Spyder with 64,000 miles on it who wants to sell it for $22,000. He's been trying to sell it for 6 months. My car and the one in San Jose are in "show" condition. Not to say that the car isn't worth more, but if you want to sell it in a reasonable amount of time, I would ask around $20,000.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:35 PM

Gary -

The person asking 18K for the 95 had better have many mods on it and the 60K done to justify that price. A 99 VR4 can fetch anywhere from about $20k to about $26k depending on who is buying it and what color / options it has. The 98 and 97 are about $1k less per year each. The Spyder is worth more than that, because it is so rare - do you happen to have information on the spyder for me? One thing you can tell your doctor friend to do that would help get more value out of it, is to have the 60k service done, I am not sure about the cost on it, but it will definately help you get towards the higher range out of it.

It is a shame that our cars don't hold their value as well as we would like them, but the Mitsubishi name (and being affiliated with it on the Stealths) really hurts that sticker for some reason...

Old 08-22-2006, 04:11 PM

GO TO WWW.KBB.COM

advertisementQuick Dealer Price Quote Search Used Car Listings List Your Car for Sale Home > Used Cars > Coupe > Mitsubishi > 3000GT > 1997 > VR-4 Coupe 2D > Equipment
Print This Page

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Coupe 2D

Excellent
$16,545

Good
$15,625

Fair
$14,385

Search Local Listings
Sell Your Coupe
Vehicle DetailsChange Equipment
Engine: V6 3.0L Twin Turbo
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: AWD
Mileage: 54,000

Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning AM/FM Stereo Leather
Power Steering Cassette Power Seat
Power Windows Single Compact Disc Rear Spoiler
Power Door Locks Premium Sound Premium Wheels
Tilt Wheel Dual Front Air Bags
Cruise Control ABS (4-Wheel)

Blue Book Private Party Value
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.
Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History Excellent
$16,545

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.
Good
$15,625

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.
Fair
$14,385

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.
Poor
N/A

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.
* California 8/22/2006

Accurate Condition AppraisalChange Condition Accurately appraising the condition of a vehicle is an important aspect in determining its Blue Book value. Taking our 16 question condition quiz will ensure you know the correct condition rating.
Search Local Listings
Sell Your Coupe
© 2006 Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. All rights reserved. May-Aug 2006 Edition. The specific information required to determine the value for this particular vehicle was supplied by the person generating this report. Vehicle valuations are opinions and may vary from vehicle to vehicle. Actual valuations will vary based upon market conditions, specifications, vehicle condition or other particular circumstances pertinent to this particular vehicle or the transaction or the parties to the transaction. This report is intended for the individual use of the person generating this report only and shall not be sold or transmitted to another party. Kelley Blue Book assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. (v.06077) advertisement

Old 08-22-2006, 04:53 PM

thats great and all that you posted what KBB.com has to say abuot it value, but a clean, low mile, 1 owner VR4 is worth more than that. They just sell for more than that.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

yea cuz alot of times kbb doesnt take into account supply/demand/rarity

Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: chewedtoothpick

The Spyder is worth more than that, because it is so rare - do you happen to have information on the spyder for me?
Go into off topic and look for the thread "Got $18,000" I posted the ad in there for the Spyder because I thought it was a great buy- I wish I had the money/space for it.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:47 PM

I undersatand all about demand and want not we the consumers controll the market some what
but i still would not pay more than what kelly blue book sais.

but thats just me.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:30 PM

Thanks for your advice--I'm putting it up for $21,900. BIG D

Quick Reply: Selling 1997 3000GT-VR4