Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

strobes

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Default strobes

i would like to know how to install strobes in the lights. ive seen it done in trucks and would like to have them in my car. thanks for any help

Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned
Default RE: strobes

Best way to do it is using the internals of a disposable camera... i cant remember what resistors i used but if you can wire the + and - into the battery terminals to a power outlet on the car and have the flash button pinned... it should continuourly flash with high enough voltage... with enough of them its freakin cool....

Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM

do you mean to just get the light part? and where did you put them on your car

Old 12-19-2006, 12:31 AM

Being a reserve officer,I can tell you the easiest way to do this is get the real thing...its a set of strobe lights,and remote power supply.These are designed to be installed in a polycarbonate(Plastic) headlight bucket.You of course cant use Blue,or red,but I dont think theres a law(at least locally) against clear strobe tubes.
I suggest you look in a "Galls" catalog.This is typically law enforcement equipment,but if memory serves they do carry a line of strobes.I dont know exactly how youre gonna install them,as Im not too familiar with the headlight assemblies on the 3000gt.you might look into mounting them elsewhere on the car to get the desired effects....One warning however,most Law enforcement agencies will frown on using these in a non-enforcement situation,as theyre bright as ****...might try www.galls.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/9786/DCF9DBCE55A9439DB18C1422F2776495.jpg[/IMG]