Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

thinking of buying a vr4

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Default thinking of buying a vr4

ok she gave me the vin# and all for the car wants me to send the money well wire it and all than she can send the car no shiping cuz her bro in law can send it for free he works in some department that he wont charge but she has not called me or nothin i gave her my cell numer but no call she said she cant call out were she works becuz she will get in trouble kind of fishy if she gave me the vin number wer can i check it out at to see if it is for real can any one help me out please

Old 08-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Default RE: thinking of buying a vr4

Be leary it sounds like one of those ebay style scams they warn against. Wiring money is just plain scarry anyways but when she said the car could be shipped free be especially leary. Just a warning because a friend of mine got caught up in something similar and in the end got nothing but an empty wallet and raised blood pressure.

To check a vin you can sometimes contact your dmv but does not always mean you will get the car after they get the money

Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 AM

yo honestly dont do it. if the shipping is free then she doesnt want you send a shipping company to her house to pick up a car that doesn't exist. and anyone that says they cant contact or be contacted, or they moved out of the country and cant register the car, is all a scam. but seriously, don't ever wire money to someone you dont know. tell your bank to hold the money in an escrow for you so the person doesnt actually get it till you get the car, or use paypal which works the same way.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 AM

Don't do it, this is a known scam. I had a friend at work call about 2 DIFFERENT cars. They both gave the exact same story....Had a friend in the shipping business. Trustr me, I ship out product in vans and flat beds on a daily basis.. There is no such thing as a 3,000LB+ product being shipped for free... IT'S A SCAM

Old 08-21-2007, 10:01 AM

Do not even trust paypal, If you use instant transfer all they have to do is close the account after they get the cash and nothing you can do or if you use bank account they can dicker you around the few days then get the cash and close again, that is how half those bogus adds on ebay work and why I refuse to use paypal, I been scammed on little items through paypal that way and read of many getting scammed in big items.

Usually as a rule of thumb if you can not see it do not buy it because 1 of 2 things will happen, 1) the car will not be what they say and you just wasted a ton of money on junk or 2) you will lose your money and get nada.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 AM

What everyone else said. Don't do it.

Ask them if you can fly in to inspect the car...see what they say.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Yeah thanks guys she said the company i will wire the money to is world pay and that everything will get setteled but i keep telling her to call me or for her to give me her number i dont want to do it im not but im trying to get more info its a 92 vr4 87k miles on it up grades and all fully loaded black leather 6 speed the works looks real nice but i dont think im going to do it something seems fishy like ya all said thanks for the head up guys just been wanting to get a vr4 but i guess one will come another time thanks again

Old 08-21-2007, 02:51 PM

6 speed eh? Ask her why they swapped out the tranny and rear diff on such a low mileage, pristine car.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:04 PM

i'm with the stealth. no 6 speeds with a 92, lol. and the whole story about wanting to come see the car wont work. they'll make up some story about being out of state or country so you cant see it. scammers pretty much have everything figured out, right down to the car's transmission. i love it when they talk about there evo's having V8's. lmao

Old 08-21-2007, 03:15 PM

lmao i know i told her she email me and ssaid she was out of state and will be getting deported to iraq she cant take the car and all making up stoies and still does not tell me about her number or why she cant talk to me bout it i thought i would lose out but thanks guys i had the money in hand already thank god i did not do that

Quick Reply: thinking of buying a vr4