Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante slow to start

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 01:20 AM
Default 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante slow to start

Hello awesome Mitsubishi fans!

I picked up a 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR AWD Sedan for $1,450 NZ Dollars today. It has many issues but most of them are minor thank goodness. One of them that bothers/concerns me is how long it takes to start after only a couple hours of inactivity. It takes about 3-4 seconds to start up. After that you can turn it off and back on again and it starts in like 1 second which is what I'd expect.

I've uploaded a video to YouTube here:

Is this normal? I've been a Toyota and Ford man all my life. I had a Mitsubishi Legnum as a loan car from a mechanic which had some weird quirks like practically vibrating me to death when it was idling. Hoping it's nothing major!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Old 12-22-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by garethn
Hello awesome Mitsubishi fans!

I picked up a 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR AWD Sedan for $1,450 NZ Dollars today. It has many issues but most of them are minor thank goodness. One of them that bothers/concerns me is how long it takes to start after only a couple hours of inactivity. It takes about 3-4 seconds to start up. After that you can turn it off and back on again and it starts in like 1 second which is what I'd expect.

I've uploaded a video to YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4JODElnjI0

Is this normal? I've been a Toyota and Ford man all my life. I had a Mitsubishi Legnum as a loan car from a mechanic which had some weird quirks like practically vibrating me to death when it was idling. Hoping it's nothing major!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Maybe a tune-up is in order. Fuel system treatment like marvel mystery oil or techron probably wouldn't hurt either.