Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

clicking noise when adjusting cabin temp

Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Default clicking noise when adjusting cabin temp

I am convinced that it is a blend door motor but I cannot find a part # anywhere. Can someone please tell me what it is and if there is a website to order one other than going to the dealership......thank you!

I have an 03 Diamante

Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM

Here is the part #'s to the motors if anyone needs them. These are good for diamantes years 97-04.
The "mode" motor located on drivers side behind center console mounted vertical is pn: AW339321 and the "temp" motor is located on passenger side behind center console mounted horizontal p/n: AW342508

Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Default Clicking noise

I had the same problem. Turned out it was a damper control motor. Small electronic device about the size of a pack of cigarettes. There are several of them in the system. I contacted SW Mitsubishi in Weatherford, TX and purchased the part. They sent me several of them....I figured out which one I needed and returned the others. They issued a credit promptly. Their prices are the best and their service is great.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Default Clicks @ startup

Mine clicks @ startup for abotu 30 second 1/2 second apart.
Then it is silent till the car is restarted.
What could it be ?
Cool.
Srinath.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Default Clicking noise

It is one of the damper control motors. It is broken and continues to attempt to move the vents to control the airflow. There are several different ones in the dashboard behind the climate control panel. See a diagram of the hearting and ac system. Dealer will charge about $400 each for them. I got them from SW Mitsubishi for about half that.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Default Why is it doing it @ startup

Its doing it @ start up, we're not adjusting anything then.
Thanks.
Srinath.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Default Why is it doing it at startup?

Because the control motor is broken. It keeps trying to go to the setting selected on the climate control. After 15 seconds it will stop but starts again when turn off and restart.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Duhaime
I am convinced that it is a blend door motor but I cannot find a part # anywhere. Can someone please tell me what it is and if there is a website to order one other than going to the dealership......thank you!

I have an 03 Diamante
When you turn the ignition key to the "ON" position, and the temp sensor sees that the engine is cold, it automatically adjusts the vents to the "DEFROST" position. This is the noise you hear on start up.
It does this to redirect the airflow away from your face and feet until the coolant temp reaches a level where it's comfortable for the passengers in the car.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:17 PM

Just went through this. The horizontal mounted one was bad, very pricey part. Took it apart and one gear, the one that drives the pie shaped gear on the actuator, had a missing tooth. Was able to re-time/realign the gears so the missing tooth does not come into play, works fine. Easy part to remove, pain to reinstall. The cable for the motor has a retainer holding it in place in the steel framework, pop out that retainer and the remaining hole lines up perfectly with the one mounting screw, long magnetic phillips screwdriver.