Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Endeavor (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/)
-   -   A/C not cooling (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/c-not-cooling-48845/)

BAubin 09-25-2015 07:46 PM

A/C not cooling

I found TSB-04-55-001 which I believe is my problem.
I am trying to find out what the pinout and resistor value is
for the jumper harness 7801A028.

The symptom is that the A/C cools great until you have been driving
for around an hour. Then is starts blowing warm air.
It should have been repaired under warranty but Mitsubishi dealer claims that
since it is not safety related then there is no recall. That is just not right.
The part appears to cost over $130.00 for two connectors and a resistor.
So, I am trying to find out the pinout and the value of resistor to build my own
jumper harness.

Guyfromhe 09-27-2015 10:13 AM

You'll probably have a pretty tough time..

You might be able to find the pinout in the service manual or in a electrical diagram in one of the online wiring diagram vendors or if you buy the parts guy at the stealership donuts he might even look it up for you.

I doubt they would have any in stock for you to look at though...
You might be able to find it in a junk yard somewhere...

If you can get a pin-out you can just try different resistances on it until you get the desired effect.. You could run a potentiometer into the cabin and when the AC stops working just give it a little turn and see when it goes back to normal..

Alternatively you can cycle the AC off for a bit manually so it doesn't freeze up when you know your going to be driving for a long time....

Pamelasue 07-31-2017 01:30 PM

Help with Diagnosing AC problem - 07 - Endeavor

Hi,

Single mom here, I live in Florida, and my ac fan (?) blows on the 2 higher settings, but not on the lower settings. then once I drive for a while the whole thing quits blowing until it cools down, I guess.

In my mind, which isn't the most mechanical mind, if its not blowing it needs a new blower motor, but then with working on the higher speeds could it be a switch related issue.

Also, don't know if connected but a/c is leaking like crazy on drivers side floor. I vac out water every couple of days.

FYI...If I can avoid taking to a mechanic - there is no spare money in budget.

Guyfromhe 08-01-2017 09:32 AM

You probably have a bad resistor unit, it also sounds like you might have a clogged ac vent....

QUOTE=Pamelasue;320929]Hi,

Single mom here, I live in Florida, and my ac fan (?) blows on the 2 higher settings, but not on the lower settings. then once I drive for a while the whole thing quits blowing until it cools down, I guess.

In my mind, which isn't the most mechanical mind, if its not blowing it needs a new blower motor, but then with working on the higher speeds could it be a switch related issue.

Also, don't know if connected but a/c is leaking like crazy on drivers side floor. I vac out water every couple of days.

FYI...If I can avoid taking to a mechanic - there is no spare money in budget.[/QUOTE]

mxmikie 08-11-2017 10:36 PM

bad expansion valve