Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Endeavor (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/)
-   -   Front brakes (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/front-brakes-29382/)

mitzubshi1 09-23-2008 09:39 AM

Front brakes

My Endeavor needs new front brakes (pads and rotors). I would like to do the work myself but want to make sure it is something I am capable of (I have done brakes on Eclipses before). It there a hub to take apart or anything? I want to be sure the rotor will pull right off after the calipers are off. Thanks in advance.

docgoku 10-31-2008 03:25 PM

RE: Front brakes

I'm about to tackle the same project this weekend....without manual of any type. This is going to be fun.

JAYBRO 11-13-2008 06:57 PM

Hello Everyone...
Happy new Owner (3 months) of a used 04 XLS AWD and new to the forum.I have been very satisfied with the Endeavor...everything except for the I pod and Satellite radio inputs...or lack there of.
I can see from thewear on the front rotors that mine will need to be replaced or atleast turned/re-surfaced. Has anyone tried any different types of rotors? Slotted/ dimpled or drilled ? I see there are some options for Endeavor rotors...unfortunately my research shows that Brembo rotors are not available for this model car which is what I planned on buying.
If anyone has tried different brakes for this, please let me know what your results. I am skeptical because the front end of the car is quite sensitive to road conditions so the higher performance brakes (dimpled/slotted/drilled) might be felt through the steering wheel.
thanks for anyones input

BEAT 11-14-2008 09:22 AM

Sorry parts for the Endeavor is scarce.

applewins 04-20-2009 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by docgoku (Post 230873)
I'm about to tackle the same project this weekend....without manual of any type. This is going to be fun.

So did you do the front brakes? Did you change the rotors? I just posted a question on another thread but noticed your request. I do have an owner manual but got stuck on this from the manual.

Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need anything from owners manual.

• After a new brake disc is installed, always grind the
brake disc with on-the-car type brake lathe. If this step
is not carried out, the brake disc run-out exceeds the
specified value, resulting in judder.

M12 FLAT WASHER
When the on-the-car type lathe is used, first install M12
flat washer on the stud bolt in the brake disc side
according to the figure, and then install the adapter. If
the adapter is installed with M12 flat washer not seated,
the brake disc rotor may be deformed, resulting in inac-
curate grinding.
• Grind the brake disc with all wheel nuts diagonally and
equally tightened to the specified torque 100 N⋅m (74
ft-lb). When all numbers of wheel nuts are not used, or
the tightening torque is excessive or not equal, the
brake disc rotor or drum may be deformed, resulting in
judder.

mitzubshi1 05-09-2009 06:18 PM

Got them done

I was able to change only the front pads without any problem. I didn't get any vibration or squeeks from using the exisitng rotors. I got the pads from the dealer and did price out rotors too. For anyone looking for aftermarket to save a little the dealership did say they offered only one rotor that has had good feedback. It was 30-40 dollars less that original. For anyone wondering the spec is 34ftlbs for the caliper bolts.

xRx 03-27-2013 06:02 AM

When I 1st change front disc brake on my other car. I had no idea. I researched and learned alot. I would suggest watching youtube videos to get the basics. There some very helpful videos with tips out there. Once you have a good idea then you can attempt on your own car. The principles are the same.

xRx 03-27-2013 06:10 AM

Lancer 2003 front disc brake

This will be 1st time, I am going to change front brakes for this car. I removed the calipers and noticed clips holding the brake pads. Earlier, I saw a you tube video where the owner changed the front pads of 2002 lancer and did not mention the clips. I have not proceeded to remove the clips. Do I need to remove the clips, what are the clips for. Can I install new pads without the clips?.