Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Fuel pump & Fuel Module Assembly | fuel pump specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 02:52 PM
Question Fuel pump & Fuel Module Assembly | fuel pump specs

Greetings Mitsubishi Enthusiasts,

I recently embarked on a journey to replace the fuel pump module in my Mitsubishi Endeavor 2007 LS AWD, 3.8 V6. The endeavor (no pun intended!) began when I decided to change the fuel pump module filter, only to discover that it was a challenge to find the filter alone. Consequently, I ended up with a new module, and the adventure began.

Upon inspecting the old module, I found myself knee-deep in rust and grime, a testament to the fact that perhaps I was the first to peer into its depths in quite some time. The module's cover revealed the following details:
Denso Mitsubishi
1760A163
KA101962-0790
12V 9H282315.
However, the fuel pump itself bore a different inscription:
DENSO AF195150-7290 09H11.

Opting for a replacement module, I settled on the Delphi FG1688. However, a few kilometers into the drive, a deafening whining sound emerged, reminiscent of an old bus revving up. This led me to reconsider my approach.

Now, as I await the arrival of the ordered parts to rebuild the module using the old pump, I'm also exploring the possibility of finding a new Denso fuel pump that mirrors the original specifications.
Herein lies my question: Are there any fuel pump specifications outlined in Mitsubishi manuals, instructions, or any other reliable sources for the Endeavor 2007?

I've come across various pumps with different pressure ratings (3.2 Bar, 3.0, 2.9, etc.) and varying productivity (liters/hour). If anyone in our community has information on the specific pump specifications required for the Mitsubishi Endeavor, your insights would be immensely valuable.

Under left rear seat, here is the service hole cover.

High pressure hose, Fuel Tank differential pressure sensor connector and the Pump module connector.

when the cover is removed, you can see all that rust and dirt

I cleaned everything for a long time and sprayed it with an anti-corrosion agent to loosen the nuts, some had to be cut out because they were rusted

Removing plate. it can be seen that the top is all cracked and needs to be replaced

Old Fuel pump module assembly

I ordered this part, & I'm still waiting. This is all I actually need to rebuild old module.

dirt that has accumulated in the lower part of the module and has not passed through the strainer

Fuel Pump

Bottom of the pump

Inside fuel filter. It should be white.

Strainer, also should be white

Pressure regulator

suction hose. although everything around was dirty, inside the gas tank was surprisingly clean

New Delphi module. Really bad one, FG1688. I had also disassembled it 2 times to check why it was howling, but everything was assembled correctly. I'm driving with this one for now.