Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Endeavor (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/)
-   -   Replaced O Sensor, Now shaking (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/replaced-o-sensor-now-shaking-40344/)

endeavor15010 08-16-2011 10:23 AM

Replaced O Sensor, Now shaking

I have an 05 Endeavor with 90k miles on it. Last week the check engine light cam on. Scan said oxygen sensor, which we replaced. After replacing it, the car started to "shudder" a little bit when going uphill and applying minimal gas. Can the replaced sensor cause this?

I've read about the torque converter shudder too and the symptoms sound the same but I have a hard time believing that it coincidentally started the same day the sensor was replaced. What do you think?

lachof 10-04-2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by endeavor15010 (Post 276137)
I have an 05 Endeavor with 90k miles on it. Last week the check engine light cam on. Scan said oxygen sensor, which we replaced. After replacing it, the car started to "shudder" a little bit when going uphill and applying minimal gas. Can the replaced sensor cause this?

I've read about the torque converter shudder too and the symptoms sound the same but I have a hard time believing that it coincidentally started the same day the sensor was replaced. What do you think?

Hello!

Did you find what the problem was?

I have an 05 Endeavor as well and had the same problem but started way before the check enginge lit up. I already took it to the dealership and they found nothing wrong with it (in the computer i guess) but the shaking problem still persists, they even told me that could be dirty gas or something but i have emptied the tank so many times that im sure thats no it.

Was it the torque?

thnx in advance!

endeavor15010 10-05-2011 05:45 AM

My mechanic thought that it was a simply a miss and wanted to start by changing the plugs and filters and move on from there if it didn't work. We wound up trading the car in because it was starting to do different things that were making us nervous and it was our "good" car. We really liked the car up to about 80K miles. We're now the owners of a new KIA Sorrento. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

endeavor15010 10-05-2011 05:49 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention....... One thing I did find online was to flush the trans and replace the fluid. Use only Mitsubishi fluid when you replace it. We were going to try that if the tune up didn't help.

brown329 08-06-2012 09:14 PM

So, I have had shaking in my endeavor as well. This both times it was a coil. I have replaced the o2 sensor, but that was more of engine reving than anything. Not a lot of shaking.

lachof 08-07-2012 10:12 PM

shaking fixed

after reading a lot of posts a frien sent me this link:

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor: vibration..driver side..35-40 mph..1500 rpm - JustAnswer

so i printed it and went to the mecanic and he immediately knew the problem... he just changed the transmission fluid or something like that (S3 oil or something) and put in this as well:

Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx

problem solved!!!!! worked like a charm he charged me 100 bucks instead of 1300 another mecanic wanted to charge because he wanted to check the transmission

hope it help someone else...