Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Mitsubishi Endeavor 2007 engine problems.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:09 AM
Default Mitsubishi Endeavor 2007 engine problems.

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm from Polan. I've bought the Mitsubishi Endeavor 2007 on copart (virtual bidding). The car shuld be run and drive, but when it comes to Poland it seems that some onewhile transport has steale some parts and damaged the electrical system. The service can do nothing because they haven't got electric schemes for Endeavor (the car is for USA). The problem is that: the engine doesn't start, when I turn the key, the controls leds on dash-board start to lights but nothing happens, the engine simply doesn't start. The service told me that there are problems with connecting with computer and they don't know what to do because whey don't know how to fix the problem without schemes.

Can someone help me here??

Thanks.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Default RE: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2007 engine problems.

does the starter turn?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:09 PM

There is a download link on this site somewhere for a manual, I just downloaded it 5 days ago but just now cannot find it, although the search just does not seem to work for me. I would offer to email it to you but it is a huge file, actually split into 4 RAR compressed files.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

does the starter turn?
Yes it turns but nothing happens.

ORIGINAL: pd154
There is a download link on this site somewhere for a manual, I just downloaded it 5 days ago but just now cannot find it, although the search just does not seem to work for me. I would offer to email it to you but it is a huge file, actually split into 4 RAR compressed files.
Maybe you could upload it on rappidshare or such a web with sharing options and I would then download it?

Old 09-07-2008, 11:57 AM

Actually it is on rapidshare, anyone know where that post is?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 AM

it sounds like it was disabled for transport or the key needs to be programed.

what part of the electrical system has been tampered with?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 AM

I am currently haveing the same problem in Maryland, USA. I am taking my Endeavour into the dealertoday to have it fixed under warranty, so I willpost their response. I do have a quick fix for you, though you will have to do it every time you want to start your car. Unhook the battery cables and remove the ECU (very easy, it unclips from the fuse box under hood). Charge your battery, reconnect the wires, then the ECU. I tried a couple variations of this and it only worked in that order!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 AM

that sounds like a dead battery........is the cel on?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:13 PM

what part of the electrical system has been tampered with?
during the transport someone try to steal the radio. I noticed that cables are cut off.

I am currently haveing the same problem in Maryland, USA. I am taking my Endeavour into the dealertoday to have it fixed under warranty, so I willpost their response. I do have a quick fix for you, though you will have to do it every time you want to start your car. Unhook the battery cables and remove the ECU (very easy, it unclips from the fuse box under hood). Charge your battery, reconnect the wires, then the ECU. I tried a couple variations of this and it only worked in that order!
thanks I will try and write what happened.

that sounds like a dead battery........is the cel on?
the battery is ok, the controls leds on dash-board light up. or you are talking about other battery?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM

Well, I found out my problem. My battery was reading a full charge on the charger, but when I hooked up a tester it said that the amperage was low. I replaced the battery with a new, better one and my problem was solved! I talked to a few Mitsu mechanics,and they all talked down about the factory batteries. Give it a whirl!

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2007 engine problems.