Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

What's the mileage on your Endeavor? I just bought a high mileage one

Old 03-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Default What's the mileage on your Endeavor? I just bought a high mileage one

Hello. I recently bought a 2004 Endeavor limited with 210,000 miles. Got a great deal on in private party, one owner, overall looks well maintained. Should I be concerned about high miles on this vehicle? What's your year and mileage? I really love the ride and feel of this vehicle so much that I am going to let my husband drive our 2014 Outlander as his commuter 😀. Hope the endeavor can last me awhile.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:59 AM

07 Endeavor with 56,400 miles on it.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:02 PM

05 Endeavor with 114,000 kilometers. (70,836) miles.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:11 PM

Just bought a 2004 with 241k on it lol. Replaced timing belt, water pump & radiator. When rad was changed there was tranny fluid loss and my shade tree guy did not add more. Went on a long high elevation road trip and now it won't shift bought two filters per parts store by cannot find location of screw on filter?

Old 11-15-2016, 07:30 PM
AMH
Wink My 2006 had 143K miles on it before I traded it in

I took great care of my 2006 Endeavor (used premium gas and had maintenance done at the dealer because they know their vehicles). I was sad to part with it because it was very dependable and I never had anything major go wrong with it. It's a solid vehicle that drives great, has 225 hp and you never need to worry about passing a vehicle...even on a hill. Mine was a beautiful maroon color and I got compliments on it even after 10 years! It had just over 143,000 miles on it and I hadn't had a car payment in 4 years.

I just broke down last week and leased a new Outlander. In my opinion, the Outlander isn't as solid as the Endeavor but it does have all of the new technology.

My recommendation is use the high octane gasoline, regular oil & transmission fluid changes and it should keep your engine running for a long time. Also, you need to change the timing belt with this particular engine every 60k miles. We had an Eclipse with the same engine - never changed the timing belt and the engine went!

Last edited by AMH; 11-15-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Default 2007 Endeavor with 97500 miles

Still going strong as new. Only changed fluids, timing belt, and brake pads so far.

Very solid and dependable car.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:25 AM

Before ours was totaled from a accident..it was 125k. Not a single issue other than rear drivers side window regulator went bad and issue with the a/c drain overflowing occasionally on the passenger side floor. My wife loved our Endeavor....actually looking to get another one maybe a later model. Ours was a 2005.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Default Not a car person- what's the purpose for regular changing of timing belt

Originally Posted by AMH
I took great care of my 2006 Endeavor (used premium gas and had maintenance done at the dealer because they know their vehicles). I was sad to part with it because it was very dependable and I never had anything major go wrong with it. It's a solid vehicle that drives great, has 225 hp and you never need to worry about passing a vehicle...even on a hill. Mine was a beautiful maroon color and I got compliments on it even after 10 years! It had just over 143,000 miles on it and I hadn't had a car payment in 4 years.

I just broke down last week and leased a new Outlander. In my opinion, the Outlander isn't as solid as the Endeavor but it does have all of the new technology.

My recommendation is use the high octane gasoline, regular oil & transmission fluid changes and it should keep your engine running for a long time. Also, you need to change the timing belt with this particular engine every 60k miles. We had an Eclipse with the same engine - never changed the timing belt and the engine went!

Hi everyone. I'm not a car person by any means. I love my Endeavor and dread the day it dies. Can someone briefly explain the benefit of changing the timing belt regularly? My Endeavor had 14K miles on it when I purchased several years ago and now has 84K. Thanks.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:21 PM

Briefly, it keeps the the timing of the piston stroke and the valves (which open and close to let exhaust gas out) insuring that they don't crash into each other. If this happens, you may easily ruin your engine, turning $150 - $200 worth of parts and a couple hours labor into a $2-3K repair. I've owned cars for 45 years, and every one I've owned has been sold, running well, with between 150 and 275K miles on them, The 275K was my last, a 2002 Volvo S80 that I replaced with my current '04 Endeavor LTD as I needed and SUV. And my 4 religious routine maintenance performed have always been oil/filter change, trans fluid change, coolant change, and timing belt. And since the water pump is right behind the timing belt, change it when doing the timing belt. Around a $50-60 part and only adds 10 minutes to the job instead of a few hours of labor if it goes in between timing belt changes.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:55 PM

Had an '06 about a year ago with about 160k. Was rusted pretty bad, cosmetic repairs started piling up. Sold it, went through 2 cars and now I'm back with an '08 Endeavor 121k.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the mileage on your Endeavor? I just bought a high mileage one