Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Endeavor (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/)
-   -   What's the mileage on your Endeavor? I just bought a high mileage one (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/whats-mileage-your-endeavor-i-just-bought-high-mileage-one-49515/)

cruz4mitsu 03-24-2016 12:52 PM

What's the mileage on your Endeavor? I just bought a high mileage one

Hello. I recently bought a 2004 Endeavor limited with 210,000 miles. Got a great deal on in private party, one owner, overall looks well maintained. Should I be concerned about high miles on this vehicle? What's your year and mileage? I really love the ride and feel of this vehicle so much that I am going to let my husband drive our 2014 Outlander as his commuter 😀. Hope the endeavor can last me awhile.

perfectkey21 03-29-2016 05:59 AM

07 Endeavor with 56,400 miles on it.

meherenow33 08-06-2016 08:02 PM

05 Endeavor with 114,000 kilometers. (70,836) miles.

Tami Donnelson 08-29-2016 01:11 PM

Just bought a 2004 with 241k on it lol. Replaced timing belt, water pump & radiator. When rad was changed there was tranny fluid loss and my shade tree guy did not add more. Went on a long high elevation road trip and now it won't shift :( bought two filters per parts store by cannot find location of screw on filter?

AMH 11-15-2016 07:30 PM

My 2006 had 143K miles on it before I traded it in

I took great care of my 2006 Endeavor (used premium gas and had maintenance done at the dealer because they know their vehicles). I was sad to part with it because it was very dependable and I never had anything major go wrong with it. It's a solid vehicle that drives great, has 225 hp and you never need to worry about passing a vehicle...even on a hill. Mine was a beautiful maroon color and I got compliments on it even after 10 years! It had just over 143,000 miles on it and I hadn't had a car payment in 4 years.

I just broke down last week and leased a new Outlander. In my opinion, the Outlander isn't as solid as the Endeavor but it does have all of the new technology.

My recommendation is use the high octane gasoline, regular oil & transmission fluid changes and it should keep your engine running for a long time. Also, you need to change the timing belt with this particular engine every 60k miles. We had an Eclipse with the same engine - never changed the timing belt and the engine went!

w752121 12-06-2016 03:11 PM

2007 Endeavor with 97500 miles

Still going strong as new. Only changed fluids, timing belt, and brake pads so far.

Very solid and dependable car.

MrGalantGuy 12-07-2016 11:25 AM

Before ours was totaled from a accident..it was 125k. Not a single issue other than rear drivers side window regulator went bad and issue with the a/c drain overflowing occasionally on the passenger side floor. My wife loved our Endeavor....actually looking to get another one maybe a later model. Ours was a 2005.

Endeavor2007LL 12-17-2017 08:08 AM

Not a car person- what's the purpose for regular changing of timing belt

Originally Posted by AMH (Post 318251)
I took great care of my 2006 Endeavor (used premium gas and had maintenance done at the dealer because they know their vehicles). I was sad to part with it because it was very dependable and I never had anything major go wrong with it. It's a solid vehicle that drives great, has 225 hp and you never need to worry about passing a vehicle...even on a hill. Mine was a beautiful maroon color and I got compliments on it even after 10 years! It had just over 143,000 miles on it and I hadn't had a car payment in 4 years.

I just broke down last week and leased a new Outlander. In my opinion, the Outlander isn't as solid as the Endeavor but it does have all of the new technology.

My recommendation is use the high octane gasoline, regular oil & transmission fluid changes and it should keep your engine running for a long time. Also, you need to change the timing belt with this particular engine every 60k miles. We had an Eclipse with the same engine - never changed the timing belt and the engine went!

Hi everyone. I'm not a car person by any means. I love my Endeavor and dread the day it dies. Can someone briefly explain the benefit of changing the timing belt regularly? My Endeavor had 14K miles on it when I purchased several years ago and now has 84K. Thanks.

EChem 02-13-2018 08:21 PM

Briefly, it keeps the the timing of the piston stroke and the valves (which open and close to let exhaust gas out) insuring that they don't crash into each other. If this happens, you may easily ruin your engine, turning $150 - $200 worth of parts and a couple hours labor into a $2-3K repair. I've owned cars for 45 years, and every one I've owned has been sold, running well, with between 150 and 275K miles on them, The 275K was my last, a 2002 Volvo S80 that I replaced with my current '04 Endeavor LTD as I needed and SUV. And my 4 religious routine maintenance performed have always been oil/filter change, trans fluid change, coolant change, and timing belt. And since the water pump is right behind the timing belt, change it when doing the timing belt. Around a $50-60 part and only adds 10 minutes to the job instead of a few hours of labor if it goes in between timing belt changes.

Cleto 04-19-2019 06:55 PM

Had an '06 about a year ago with about 160k. Was rusted pretty bad, cosmetic repairs started piling up. Sold it, went through 2 cars and now I'm back with an '08 Endeavor 121k.

tiger1956 04-13-2020 07:04 PM

2004 endeavor xls

Originally Posted by cruz4mitsu (Post 315140)
Hello. I recently bought a 2004 Endeavor limited with 210,000 miles. Got a great deal on in private party, one owner, overall looks well maintained. Should I be concerned about high miles on this vehicle? What's your year and mileage? I really love the ride and feel of this vehicle so much that I am going to let my husband drive our 2014 Outlander as his commuter 😀. Hope the endeavor can last me awhile.

Endeavor XLS 2004 WITH 198,000 HAD TRANNY JUST GO OUT IN 3RD PLANITARY 2,000k TO FIX, ALL NEW O2 SENSORS, BRAKE LINE, COILS, AXLES,
AND NUMEROUS PROBLEMS COST ME ALOT TO FIX EVEN though I did myself, good luck

tiger1956 04-13-2020 07:07 PM

2004 Endeavor XLS shorted wrong OBD 2 pins and hormn is blasting rear wiper on and squirting fluid , park lights on and dom had to pull all fuses to not drain battery trying to reset ECU in hopes it fixes my screw up anyone have any ideas as what I did or how to repair / fix it ???

tiger1956 04-13-2020 07:10 PM

belt pulley cam and alot more in there needs to be done when you do belt I did it and was `180 out of sync so, make sure all three cams line up with marks

whilst01 04-24-2020 10:01 PM

Alarm/immobilizer problem

[QUOTE=tiger1956;329875]2004 Endeavor XLS shorted wrong OBD 2 pins and hormn is blasting rear wiper on and squirting fluid , park lights on and dom had to pull all fuses to not drain battery trying to reset ECU in hopes it fixes my screw up anyone have any ideas as what I did or how to repair / fix it ???[/Q
Hi. Had same prob trying to program ebay remote.
Had to replace the "timing" ECU,junkyard - $50.
Also check ALL fuses.
HTH. Jeff

whilst01 04-24-2020 10:02 PM

See my post further down.
"Timing" ECU. $50 junkyard. Check all fuses.

tiger1956 04-26-2020 08:11 PM

198,000 miles

tiger1956 04-26-2020 08:17 PM

Hi
Are you talking about the module Front ECU in the fuse box that is oblong and plugs in there under hood ??? MR5630 omron ?

satx78 08-11-2020 05:38 PM

to All,

Two-owner 2005 LS FWD with 173, 304 miles bought 2 weeks ago for "below scrap metal price", as the PO was told it was "just a piece of worthless junk".
(Inasmuch as the motor ran fine & it was cosmetically OK, I figured that I could always part it out & do OK.)

Turns out that aside from all the fluids/filters/etc, needing changing & all the usual routine maintenance done, it needs all 3 of the motor/transmission mounts replaced, a realignment, one tire & the rear brakes repaired/renewed.

NOT BAD for 200.oo total.

BTW, the interior is BLACK & I need to find a seat cushion for the driver's side.
(A dog ate the driver's bucket upholstery.)

yours, tex
USA, Retired
The Alamo City

Captnkitty 09-12-2021 05:13 PM

ours had 362,548 miles when it was sold in 2015.. insanely reliable
my family got it new, from what i remember my family took terrible care of it.

they killed a new dodge durango at 30k. then bought the new 2005 endeavor.

Keep in mind it was shared between 5 idiots that know nothing about cars and get very defensive if i asked about it.
I would sneak the keys and check the fluids just to see how it was doing.

The dip stick was always bone dry aside from the burnt on tar.
Gas was always below the empty line past the E
Transmissiong had a crazy shudder going up inclines (probably had no fluid in it either)
Coolant was basically evaporated and they would claim the fans were more than enough to cool it
it still had all factory parts even the timing belt and oil filter...

and as far as i know the only code it had was for p0300. it never actually had a rod knock or overheated. (no idea how)

I only recall my mother adding oil once.. half a quart as a "treat" not even the right kind... saved the rest for another year.

our family friend still has it on the road to this day in 2021.

it was reliable always started and always drove never stalled or left us stranded.
Id imagine this model could go a million miles with standard care. maybe 2 mil.

Serena 05-11-2022 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by cruz4mitsu (Post 315140)

• Mine is at 1888853 now 2008.I absolutely love it.I bought it at 148,000 maintenance was never kept up ,still I ve never had an Issue.Replaced radiator, timing belt,egr valve recently only after dozing off and banging into back of a jeep.Even then it was awesome only needing to really replace cracked radiator and bumper.Frame is solid!!! NOW ...my CATALYTIC converters are going,because there are 3 on this car,service price is the same as buying another,Im saying good bye.Today purchasing,Yes an ou therv2008 Mitubishi 158,000!!!SO YES YOU MADE A GREAT CHOICE!!(Only issue we may have is they dont make our transmission anymore, so take care and pray.lol

LawlessRebel 05-19-2022 06:43 AM

Mine currently has 306000 miles. No major work other than timing belt valve cover gaskets and take gasket and things like that wheelbearings. Just wondering how long this transmission was last.

whilst01 05-19-2022 10:41 AM

Immobilizer ECU

Originally Posted by tiger1956 (Post 329962)
Hi
Are you talking about the module Front ECU in the fuse box that is oblong and plugs in there under hood ??? MR5630 omron ?

ECU
Hi,sorry this so late.
Hopefully you figured location out....
Under Dr. side dashboard.
>Let everyone know if this fixed issue(s).